Chapter Twenty Nine: Jacob

The screams of people getting ripped apart flooded the hallway. Zs were eating people behind us as we pushed against the door. I close my eyes as I wait for the teeth. My arms hold my stomach, protecting and loving my Little Raven. I hear Mack screaming Addy's name, and calming her down. Then the door opens, giving us a flash of light and cool air. Doc pushes me out and there is my brother holding a cross. Doc and Mack hold the door closed, keeping the Zs out. 10k slides the cross underneath trapping them in. I fling myself at 10k and hug him tight.

"I thought I lost you." He whispers into my ear.

"Never Tommy." I whisper back.

"How do we get out of here?" Garnett asks. We break apart and face everyone.

"I've been using the roofs to move. The cult freaks are in the compound. Armed." 10k explains.

"Not sure if roof hopping will work for Crow." Cass points out.

"Murphy?" Warren asks 10k.

"Haven't seen him." 10k tells her.

"We need weapons. Then we will find Murphy. Let's Go!" Garnett orders. We start to go, only to be met with Guns. Doc holds me, incase he needs to protect me.

"Greetings brothers and sisters, The Resurrection Church Welcomes you. Please raise your hands to the heavens or I will resurrect you where you stands." The man in the dark blue button up says. I watch Cass and 10k run off. A woman fires at them as we rase our hands.

"Let them go." The man ordered. "The Resurrected will take care of them. The rest of you, come with us."

=============================================

The Zombie cage was filled behind us. We were sitting on our knees, Zip tied with our hands behind out backs. Jacob stood in front of us.

"The last of the Resurrected have been secured." The man tells the priest.

"And Those who died today have the honor of entering into Grace ahead of us." The Priest states. "Blessed is the path before them, Blessed will their Journey be. Brothers and sisters, I know you have hate in your hearts right now and do not come willingly to this test of faith. But Today each of you will become part of the New Resurrection Church. "

"First however you must choose how you will serve. You may join the living Flock and spend your days serving the resurrected.. Or your souls taking the next step on their journey to eternal life." WE look over to see Joe as a Z. I saw the pain in Garnett's chest. "The time has come for you to choose."

"I won't put my baby through that!" I snap. He grins and approaches me. His hand goes over my stomach, giving me chills.

"This child will be part of our Resurrected. Brother Peter!" He calls. Peter comes over to me with a knife in his hands. He shoves me to the round and a pain across my stomach makes me scream. He was trying to cut out my baby. Garnett shoves himself over, knocking the guy off me. Peter shoves him back into his spot and was about to cut me up again.

"Wait Brother, after they have chosen." The Priest said. Peter nods and sits me up, but my stomach is out and bleeding.

"Join me and walk among the living or follow this blasphemer who thought he could oppose the righteous and now walks among the dead." The Priest speaks as he gestures to Z Joe. "Now don't feel sorrow for the Major, brothers and sisters. Although we stood against the man he was, we take joy in his choice to join the Resurrected! Blessed is the path before him!"

"What Choice?" Garnett growled. "To live with you lunatics or die and become a zombie? You tried to cut open a live woman to take her unborn child!" Jacob just gave this creep ass smile.

"I don't know your name, brother. But I welcome you to the Resurrection Church. With us you will know everlasting joy and peace."

"There was peace here." Garnett snaps. "Joe Williams, the man you killed, gave you peace. This was a good place. This was a safe place. And it can be again. It's not too late. Put down your weapons. Let's live the way that people are supposed to. "

"Helping one another, working together. It's not too late! Put down your weapons. Let us free. We'll help you. The Resurrected aren't any closer to God then you and I are." Garnett says. The Priest smile fades slightly. He starts to pace around.

"I envy you brother." He says as he stands behind him. "The time for you to walk among the Resurrected is near." The Priest yanks on his cross, and a knife appears.

"Charlie-" Warren says to warn him. The man in the blue button down takes the gun and smacks her across the face, making her collapse to the ground. He then cocks the gun and aims at her. "I'm gonna kill you, you psychotic bastard!" She spats at him.

"Don't you worry, Sister. You won't be far behind your Charlie. Rejoice as both of you will walk before me on the road to everlasting life." The Priest speaks then places the blade against Garnett's throat. Garnett starts to whisper to Jacob. Jacob just smiles and praises.

"Blessed is the path before him! I am the new resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, through he die, yet shall he live." Jacob was about to slice his throat. But a yell stops him.

"STOP!"