V5 A Moment Alone

Walter's pov.

The more Qrow and Ozpin started telling me about Devan... About me, it all started to flood in, but everything was fuzzy it was there, but not all there in a way... It's like I'm missing a piece of a puzzle. Everything is where it's supposed to be, but I'm still missing a piece that puts it all together. I want to understand them and get everything they're trying to tell me, but it's all going through one ear and out the other. Qrow sees this and sighs through his flask.

"Nothing's clicking upstairs?" I shake my head, getting another annoyed sigh from Qrow. "I'm sorry... I understand you two are trying to help, but... if Scotty can't help me remember, then I doubt you two could... you three. Thank you for trying, but it's not gonna work." Standing up, I was about to leave, but Ozpin cleared his throat. "One more thing, kid." Looking at Qrow, he puts two things on the table. "And what are these?" Putting his flask away, he answers my question.

"If we can't jog that brain of yours, then maybe these will." Mentally sighing to myself, I walk over to the table and see a watch and a knife. "Annnnd, how can these help me?" Ozpin speaks up with a hint of uncertainty. "That's for you to figure out." Grabbing all of the items I look at them and say. "Haa, fantastic..." I glance at the two and speak again. "Thanks, I guess..."

No one's pov.

As Wolter left the room, Qrow looked to Ozping. "You really think that was a good idea? Skipping ahead like that?" Ozpin sighs and places both hands on his cane. "NO, no, I don't, but we need Macgrath at the wheel for when that Beast shows up." Qrow huffs into his flask and takes a shot of it. "And what makes you think it's gonna show up anytime soon?" Ozpin glances at qrow with a concerned look. "That sword on his back said it all."

Qrow stands up and shakes his head. "Let me guess, another call from Destiny?" The look Ozpin gives qrow makes him roll his eyes."Great..." he takes yet another shot from his flask as Wolter sits down in the room he slept in while looking at the items in his hands. Putting them all down but the watch, he gets a better look at the watch. There is nothing too special about it. It's just an all-black metal watch with a blank circular dial, flipping it over, and finding nothing special.

He gives it a blank stair but puts it over his left wrist and clips it on. After a short time, a sharp pain pinches his skin. "Aw! What the fuck was that!?" After saying that he notices the blank dial flicks on. To the left, there is a clerical bar with six different points. Three of them were blue, and the other were red, and in the center was the word Neutral. "What does neutral mean?" shaking his hand, he annoyingly says, "Hmm, aw." Taking a look at the other things in the bed, he grabs the metal fork thing and looks at it. Like the sword, it feels like it calls to him.

His ear flicks to the door as a knock comes from it. "Can I come in?" Nodding his head to the muffled words he says. "Ya." The door opens, revealing Ruby holding a plate full of food. She sees wolter standing there with Devans AMP and pauses. He sees this and questionably asks. "Is there something wrong?" With a quick. "No..." Ruby walks over to Wolter and offers the plate of food. "I just didn't expect to see all of those again... and the facial hair..." she clears her throat and continues. "I thought you were Hungary."

Wolter's stomach speaks for him as he looks at the food in front of him. "Thanks, Ruby..." his ears fall back as he remembers the note she wrote. "What's wrong?" Wolter sighs and glances at Ruby. "If you're expecting... Devan... I'm sorry to disappoint." Ruby silently sighs and looks down. "A little, but right now you need to eat some food." As she finishes her sentence, she places a hand on his shoulder.

"So eat up and regain your strength." Ruby gives him one of her innocent smiles. She stands and tilts her head. "Okay?" Wolter face heats up as he's stuck in shock and awe, with a flustered. "Okay..." she was about to walk away, but Wolter quickly held her hand without thinking. Quickly realizing what he did, he lets go and tries not to get all flustered. "B-before you go... could you tell me what all this stuff is?... From what Qrow and Ozpin said you and... I were close."

Ruby, being slightly surprised, makes Wolter completely rethink what he did. "I mean, you don't. If you don't want to, I don't want to make you reli-" Ruby sits back down with a smile and puts her hand on his. "If it will help you, then I'd be glad to."

Wolters pov.

As Ruby starts telling me what everything is, I try and listen to the best of my abilities. As she starts with the fork-looking thing, she says it's called an AMP, and the circle thing is called an RFI. I had it when we first met, but for some reason, I got rid of it
And I didn't say why, and for the RFI, I've apparently been working on it ever since I went to Beacon. But with all the other things, Ruby's tone shifted to a sad one... as she held the knife in her hand, she slowly began to explain why I made it. "I don't know how it works, but you made it so Yang could..." Ruby pauses as she tries to say the words she wants to say.

She looks at me with a single tear sliding down her eye. "So she could kill you if Infamous took over... most of this stuff should be up around that time..." She started explaining what Infamous was to the best of her abilities, and her description of what he is reminds me of the... fight I had with him.

During our time at Beacon, I got angry and started distancing myself from her and our friends. Turns out Infamous was taking over my body and disguised myself as the Fang Hunter. That's where the revolver and the watch came from. I made the watch to kind suppress Infamous, but that... didn't work. It almost cost the lives of her team trying to stop him... trying to stop me. that wasn't the only time they had to fight me hearing all the things from a different perspective changes things... I thought  Devan had a normal life, but... his been in more pain than I thought.

With Ruby looking at me, I lean forward and cover my face with my hands. "Wolter?" Ruby puts her hand on my shoulder, making me glance in her direction. "Are you okay?" I was about to say something, but I stopped myself giving her a small smile. I thankfully say," Yes, thank you, Ruby."

"Do... do you need anything else? Anything at all?" Shaking my head, Ruby smiles as she stands up and points at the plate with food. "Eat, you need to regain some strength." Nodding my head, Ruby walks over to the door and gives me a little wave of the hand before leaving the room and closing the door behind her.

Looking at the door, I sigh, then glance back at Scotty, still sleeping. Placing the plate in front of him, I throw everything else to the other side of the bed, not wanting to deal with them just yet. Looking back at Scotty, I gently pet his head and say.
"Thank you for watching over me."

No ones pov

Leaving the door open, Wolter looks at Scotty still peacefully sleeping. "Okay... I need a shower and some new clothes."

Wolter starts looking around the building while he tries to avoid the sound of footsteps and voices. It's not that hard when you have wolf appendages. After a short time, Wolter finally finds a bathroom and makes himself... as comfortable as he can be.

With his clothes thrown to the ground, the shower turned on, and his bag leaning against the wall, he just looked at himself. As he looks at his face, he rubs his fingers along the three scars. His silver-green eyes make their way down to his scared-up body, not very many big ones, but noticeable if you're looking for them. Moving his attention to his upper right arm, he sees the light gray Japanese-style dragon tattoo with red and blue lightning swirling around it.

After looking at that, he looks at the dark gray skull with cracks all around it on his chest. Turning around, he spots one more tattoo on his back. Two dragon wings are going down his back, the right wing is blue while the left one is red. "I really liked tattoos... I mean, seriously? A full-back one?" Wolter shakes his head and steps in the shower. "Jjjjzzzzzaaaaaaaghhhhh!"

Wolter jumps back and looks at the electrified water on his foot. "What the fuck is this!? I can't even be in water!?" Grunting to himself, he knows he needs to shower, but he's not looking forward to the shocking feeling. Grunting in frustration and pain as the water hits his electrified body, after a short time, he gets slightly numb to shocking pain as the worm water trickles down his body.

Knowing about his reaction to water, it dawned on him that he never got thirsty... well, in the normal, I need water sense. But now that he's in an electrified environment, he feels more energized and more awake. Humming in comfort, as he runs his fingers through his hair, he doesn't even hear a knocking on the door.