V1 The Secret

Devans pov

Devan is walking down the street of Vale, as his walking he sees a street light on and under the light is the AMP. he slowly walks over to it and kneels down, with his right hand he slowly moves it to the AMP, without warning the AMP lunges in to his hand. he falls over and tries to pull it off. the more he pulls the more painful it gets, the pain gets to him and he stops when he sees dark black shoes to the side of his face, he try's to look up at the person but the foot stomps him on the head.

????: the more you fight it... the stronger I BECOME!

Devan jerks up sweating all over. he looks around and sees Ruby knelt down in front of him with her uniform and cloak on.

Ruby: are you ok?

Devan: j-just a bad dream. w-where's the rest of your team?

Ruby: they're at class, I told them I would wait for you to wake up.

Devan: oh, um thank you Ruby.

Ruby: y-your welcome. d-do you want me to stay so I can bring you to class, the only reason is that all of us have the same classes.

Devan: that would be great.

Ruby goes to her... bunk beds? I stand up and grab my... school uniform never thought I would be wearing one of these, Ruby looks away letting me change. it's a different feeling actually putting one of these on, after I'm done putting this on I get my shoulder bag and fingerless gloves and put them on. I turn around and see Ruby blushing and looking away, I clear my throat getting her attention.

Devan: we gone to class?

Ruby: um, ya right.

I see a small blush emerge on her cheeks, she try's to hide it but it's no use. I walk to the door and open it, Ruby hops off her bed and walks out the door. I walk outside the room and lock the door, I take a small glance at Ruby humming playfully and make a small smile.

Devan: so lead the way.

Ruby brings Devan to Peter Ports class, the hole time in class Devan isn't paying attention to Peter at all. the only thing going thro his head was that voice.

that voice, at the end it felt like who ever it was had more power just from saying become. it sounded like it tuck all the hate and pain and put it in a voice... did I do that back at the Forest? I look down to my hands and surge lightning around them, all I know is I have these powers for a reason and I cant abuse them.

Weiss: Ruby stop telling me what to do!

Devan looks to Ruby looking down at her lap, he looks at Weiss walking out of class. he follows after her and in the hallway he grabs her shoulder and turns her around.

Weiss: what?

Devan: what's your problem? is there just something wrong with you, is your ego to good for her?

Weiss: what's wrong with me? Ruby's the one who cant fight, she's a terrible leader and I know I could do better.

Devan: you really think you could do better!? *walks closer to Weiss* during the fight with the Nevermore, Ruby was making the plan. and what wear you doing? oh ya you're following orders from your leader.

Weiss: *takes a step back* she's no leader all she is, is a nuisance

Devan: *lightning serge's thro his eyes* oh really then why did you follow her orders? if you know your better then why didn't you make the plan.

Weiss: I wanted to see what she ha-

Devan: *stomps foot* BULLSHIT! you didn't have a plan, your not a quick thinker. believe it or not we all have flaws, I have flaws, Blake has flaws, Yang has flaws and Ruby has flaws, if you can't under stand that... *pokes her chest* then you shouldn't be on Ruby's team.

Rubys pov.

Devan walks past Weiss leaving her speechless, Ruby is slightly peaking around the corner. Ozpin touches her shoulder making her jump a little bit.

Ozpin: well Macgrath is good with words.

Ruby: did you here all that?

Ozpin: yes, yes I did. Devan is right me making you the leader. I have made more mistakes then any man, woman or child but at this moment I would not consider making you leader to be one of them. Devan is a vary good friend to have, even if he's not on your team... do you know why I put him in your dorm?

Ruby: no, why did you?

Ozpin: because I know you like him more then a friend. it's ok to like someone but if that person is in the same field of danger as you then you should tell him how you feel, before its to late.

Ruby:*blushes darker then her cloak* I... I don't know how to tell him.

Ozpin: tell him when you think it's the right time.

Ruby: ok. thank you Ozpin. *walks off*

Ozpin: maybe I should have told her he likes her back?

Devan's pov fifty minutes later.

it took me ten minutes but I finally got my desk done. I put my bag on the desk and pull out the RFI and blueprints, I hang my bag off the chair and sit down. man this thing has so many parts.

Ruby opens the door and sees Devan sitting in a chair with his uniform still on looking at some blueprints. she walks over to him and looks at them too. Devan looks slightly to the left, Ruby sees this and takes a step back she puts her hand behind her back and clears her throat.

Ruby: I-I just wanted to say thank you f-for standing up for me. *blushes*

Devan turns left and rest his arm over the back rest and looks at Ruby giving her a light smile.

Devan: of course that's what friends do right?

Ruby: y-ya, have I ever told you I'm glad your my friend?

Devan stand up and opens a drawer and pulls out a square box and puts it on the desk.

Devan: ya, your strong white male friend that's really good at baking and cooking.

Ruby: you can bake?

Devan: open the box and find out.

Ruby walks over to the box and opens it, she sees cookies up to the vary top. her eyes have stars in them and with out warning she hugs Devan, he chuckles and rubs her head.

Devan: I thought you deserved a treat, and maybe... I can help you with your work?

Ruby looks up and nods playfully. Devan smiles nervously as he closes a hidden panel under the top of his desk with his foot.