A Flicker in the Dark

All hope of ever winning against the villains seeped out of Niall's body. He tried to keep a straight face and remain calm, but it was so hard. Everything him and the lads had worked for was crumbling away. It was becoming as bad as life with his dad. The amount of hurt he was feeling broke his heart. The only person he had left was Louis and Harry, and he wasn't going to let either of them out of his sight.

He could see Louis in the distance, struggling to keep himself from crying. If Niall told him about Liam, he knew Louis would be a mess all over again. The blond choose to find Harry, maybe he would know what to do.

After asking every person he knew where Harry was, even asking Ryan, no one knew where he was. Niall was beyond frustrated. He didn't know if Harry was kidnapped or ran away like Liam did.

Now he was certain the only person he could really count on was himself. When times got tough, he learned the men he loved would rather run off then face it together. It was very eye opening. If no one was going to help him, then it looked like Niall was going to take out Peter by himself.

He avoided Louis for the rest of the day, preparing himself for tonight. He was going to do the thing he swore he would never do again. Niall was going to blood bend.

When night fell, he set off on his solo mission. If he failed it wouldn't matter, he could join Zayn wherever he is at. No one would truly miss him because if Harry and Liam cared, they would have stayed.

He crept to the camp, retracing his steps from the last mission he went on. The one that ended so horribly and ruined his perfect relationship. The closer he got, the madder he became. The area around him was dropping to below freezing, fueling his anger even further.

The campsite was covered in guards, and they seemed to take their job much more seriously than the Freedom Fighters. Sneaking into camp seemed to no longer be an option. The security had been tightened since his last visit. Looks like he was going to have to attack head on. He gathered as much water as he could and prepared to fight.

As he got ready to charge a hand grasped his shoulder and another went over his mouth. "Don't scream, Niall" the voice requested and even in the dark he could recognize the voice belonged to Harry. What didn't make sense to him was that the hand over his mouth was most definitely not Harry's. "Nod your head if you promise not to yell."

The blond slowly nodded his head and the hand left his mouth. He whipped around and was face to face with Trish. "Are you here to kill me?" Niall asked.

"No, I want to help."

Niall pushed down his confusion, refusing to let his guard down. "Help with what?"

"I want to help you stop my friends. They are beginning to take things too far. I only wanted to help end the world, not torture people. They are becoming as bad as the people who massacred our village."

"Why should I trust you?"

"You shouldn't, but I know something I can do that will make you very happy."

"And what is that?"

"Take me to your camp and you will see."

Niall bit back a laugh. "You must be joking. How dumb do you think I am?"

Now it was Trish's turn to smile. "You must be fairly dumb if you came here by yourself to take on Peter." The girl had a point, but Niall would never admit she was right. "Besides I'm not the only one tired of Peter and his ways."

Just as Niall was about to question Trish, another figure emerged from the shadows. "Hello" the girl greeted. "I'm Rebecca and I also wish to help."