Day of Rest

Liam kept telling his teammates they should rest. None of them realized how much Germany would need to be fixed. They expected to be there a couple days, not two weeks. There were other countries that needed their help, but the Freedom Fighters were stuck.

Niall and Louis were the most worn out. The blonde wanted to clean out every source of water he saw, but he failed to realize that fixing everything was taking a toll on his energy. He needed to make the huge water sources like rivers and lakes drinkable, not tiny streams.

On the other hand there was Louis, who kept wanting to put up more trees in every location they were in. He wanted forest everywhere to give off fresh air and provide fresh food.

The lads were currently in a deserted town, which Liam figured out was once called Berlin from a sign he found  buried beneath piles of rubble.

Louis and Niall were slugging behind the others, trying their hardest not to fall over and collapse. All the old buildings had fallen on the ground, leaving behind piles of glass and concrete. The lads had to watch their steps in fear of sticking their foot in a pile of glass.

When they reached the middle of the town, Liam had everyone rest. He stomped on the earth and made the ground form seats, so they could all sit comfy.

Once seated, each lad pulled a snack out of their packs. Niall hunched over in his seat and allowed his eyes to droop shut.

Harry leaned back into the earth seat, pushing a tree root out of the way. He inhaled his apple that he packed and searched in his bag for another treat.

Liam and Zayn started to plan out exactly what they were going to do in Berlin, when Louis interrupted them asking, "Did we pass a library?"

"Why" Harry said with some curiosity, after seeing Liam and Zayn not responding. The two had gone back to hushed conversation.

"I want to see if there is a book about which animals are native in Germany."

Harry repeated the same question. "Why?"

"Because I want to make Berlin like it used to be. And that means creating animals that used to live here."

Niall's eyes snapped open after hearing Louis's last statement. "I thought Liam was making us rest today."

Liam quickly chimed in an agreement. "Louis, you are not supposed to use your powers today, so no library or making animals" he scolded, feeling more like a mother than a boyfriend.

"I know what book you should read, Louis" Zayn added with a smirk. "It's called the bible and it used to talk about a day of rest. And you my friend, are taking a day of it."

"I remember that book" Harry exclaimed, jumping up in excitement. "Gemma used to tell me about it. She said it was about this dude named Jesus, who wore ugly scandals and could like make water turn into wine."

Niall snorted in laughter, and Zayn couldn't help but join in. Harry of course would make what used to be a holy book sound hilarious. "I wonder if that Jesus person had powers like us. But making wine is kinda a useless power" Harry ranted, ignoring the muffled laughter from Zayn.

With fond eyes, Liam observed the others joking around. "So the moral of the story is Louis, you need to be like Jesus and rest" Liam joked, elbowing Zayn in the stomach to stop his laughing.

Louis huffed in annoyance, but made no move to disagree. Liam continued "I am going to try to fix up the buildings and clean up the ground. And Harry you are going to clean out the air. I want to actually be able to see the sun instead of the black smog."