Lunch Date

The lads decided to head off to America to rescue Paul and Simon, once they got off the phone with impersonator. No way would they let Paul be tortured, or worse killed. Adalard instantly jumped on the chance to accompany the boys on their mission. She had grown quite fond of them, and wouldn't let them walk into trouble by themselves.

She even somehow convinced the other groups around Germany to join her and the Freedom Fighters on their quest to America. She was surprised they all said, but she had a hunch it had something to do with avenging the fallen town and escaping from the country. As much as Adalard and the others loved Germany, they were tired of living in the same spot for so many years.

The camp was busy with people packing up their things, and gathering supplies and weapons. The next day they would travel to the ocean, and Liam would form a boat big enough to fit everybody. Niall would use the waves to push them along to America. If all went well, they would be in America in the next couple of days. Adalard just needed to make sure there would be enough food to feed everybody for more than a week. She had people scavenging Germany for any sources of food.

As the different camps got ready, Zayn decided to take the lads out for their final day in Germany. He asked Adalard where the best romantic places in the city were, and she gladly pointed him to a small lake by a meadow. She told him it was the only spots that survived the attacks.

All the lads agreed to go except Liam, who was still stressing about Simon. He had let the phone calls go to his head. Zayn knew this little day trip would help Liam clear his mind.

It was Niall who made Liam cave into going. He batted his big blue eyes, until Liam finally said yes.

Zayn repeated the directions Adalard gave him to himself, as he lead the others to the lake. They walked for less than hour, just enjoying being in each other's company.

"Last time we did something like this was right after our fight with the Fearsome Five" Louis reminisced, thinking of their first date.

Niall nodded his head "we should try doing this more often, instead of just right before a fight or after it."

"Maybe we should do a date night like every week" Harry suggested, coming in between Niall and Louis. He grabbed each of their hands and started swinging them around. "I missed just getting to spend time with you guys, without fixing problems caused by the Fearsome Five."

The others hummed in agreement.

"We're here" Zayn announced, as he ran up the hill. The lads followed and couldn't help, but stare at the beautiful view in front of them. It was almost like the war never happened in this place.

The woods and river were full of life. Fish darted around in the clear blue water, and birds chirped from atop of the trees. The grass was a lively green color and the trees were tall and full of leaves.

Harry threw off his shirt, and kicked off his shoes. "Who wants to go for a swim?" he laughed, diving head first into the water.

He emerged a couple seconds later, shaking around his soaking wet hair. Niall quickly joined him, the blond would never turn away an opportunity to swim.

The water was freezing cold, but Niall didn't mind. He lunged at Harry's feet and began tickling the boy.

Harry shrieked, kicking his feet out wildly. "Niall if you don't stop.."

"You'll what" Niall interrupted, coming to the surface. "You are in my territory now, Styles."

Louis took this time as the two were distracted to make his move. He turned into a giant whale and cannonballed into the water. A huge 20 foot wave formed, and smacked the unsuspecting lads square in the face.