The First to Go

A ringing in his ears alerted Liam to one of two things. One, he was alive and the second was that he out of the water. His eyes slowly opened, only to be blinded by sunlight.

Groaning, his snapped his eyes shut and rolled over on his side, coughing up some water in the progress. He breathed in and out slowly, not wanting to stress his lungs too much.

He wanted to know who saved him and if Adalard was okay. Using a good bit of strength, Liam sat up and cracked his eyes open.

Across the deck, he saw a soaking wet Louis hovering behind Zayn who was attempting mouth to mouth to the older woman. Niall had tears streaming down his face, his whole body shaking from exhaustion and sadness. Harry was closer to Liam, and seemed to be putting all his attention on making the wind push the ship.

"Come on Adalard" Zayn cried, pushing against her chest. "Wake up, please." He continued to breathe air into the woman, praying it would work. "Can't you do anything, Niall?" he asked harshly, not intending to come out sounding so mean.

A sob escaped the blond's lips. "I bended the water out of her lungs, there is nothing else I can do."

Zayn kept trying to revive the woman, even though it was no use. It had been minutes since she was pulled from the water. Adalard wouldn't come back from this. Zayn's CPR became rougher and rougher, and Liam could have sworn he heard her ribs crack.

A hand placed itself on Zayn's shoulder, as he started pounding on her chest again. "Zayn, I'm sorry, but she is gone" Louis soothed, trying to get his boyfriend away from the deceased woman.

Zayn shrugged off Louis's hand, and continued with his task. Louis fell to the ground, howling in grief. He wanted Zayn to stop, he wanted to do something.

The older woman's chest finally collapsed from all the pounding it endured, which made Zayn stop his CPR attempts. The realization hit him that she wasn't coming back. The little fantasy world he was in, was gone now. Replaced by the cold reality, where people die in a blink of an eye.

Grief and anger washed over him. He wasn't angry at any of his boyfriends, but himself mostly. If only he could have done more.

Zayn had woken up right after everybody on the boat froze, and Adalard was sent to her death. He watched Liam run up to the deck, and helplessly ran after. By the time he made it to the top of the stairs, Liam had jumped overboard.

Jumping in after his boyfriend was not an option, since Zayn did not know how to swim. He stood at the edge of the boat, praying to see Liam break the surface. The current pushed against the boat roughly, showing no sign of letting up.

Zayn had darted over to the blond begging him to stop the boat. Niall listened, falling on his side in exhaustion. He and Harry were in no shape to save Liam and Adalard.

As Zayn got ready to dive overboard, Louis's head broke out of the water. In his grasp was an unconscious Liam and Adalard. He reached down and grabbed the woman's arm, pulling her back onto the boat. When he felt no pulse, he started doing CPR, up until her body finally gave out.

While he attempted to revive the woman, Louis must have climbed on board with Liam with the help of Niall.

Zayn blinked his eyes, coming back to reality. The loss of hope and life made Zayn lose control, which is something he hadn't done since his days of fighting the Fearsome Five. A wave of fire shot out of his arms, causing the sail to catch on fire. The deck erupted in flames, and Zayn was filled with shame. He debated on whether or not he should just jump off the boat, before he hurt anymore people.

Before the flames could get any worse, Louis transformed into a humpback whale, splashing a giant wave of out over the boat, instantly putting out the fires.