The Light Goes Out

The army all stood around the podium where Caroline was giving her speech. Her face was grim as she announced her plans to begin planning for an attack. She knew there would be no point in tracking down the villains. They would come to her and she wanted to be ready for they did. A careful watch would be put in effect to ensure nobody was taken, and switched with the shapeshifter. She sent out her trusted generals to go to small camps in the surrounding areas in the hopes of recruiting new soldiers. The army needed all the people they could get.

Their tiny base needed to be fortified for the upcoming attack she knew was bound to happen. There was a lot riding on this fight. To her this battle was revenge for the death of her friends, to the lads it was a rescue mission. The biggest obstacle for her at the time being was the language barrier between her and the Germans. But that issue had an easy fix. Many people in her army and the German army spoke both languages. She simply divided out the translators, making sure each section of her army could understand what was happening.

When the meeting wrapped up, Caroline set off to supply the soldiers with weapons. Her armoury was overflowing with weapon, but she did not have enough for everyone. Using the city to her advantage, she sent out a small group of soldiers to find any sort of weapons in the nearby buildings. Liam went with the group wanting to help in anyway he could.

Louis stayed close to Caroline, never once leaving her side. The woman saw no issue with this, wanting to keep him safe. Now that they were reunited there was no way Caroline would let Louis put himself in harm's way. The two sent Niall and Harry to help fortify the camp, adding protective walls around the stadium they slept in. It wouldn't stop the villains, but it would slow down their army.

By nightfall, the barrier was completed and Liam came back with 30 usable guns. Caroline called the day a success and awaited for her generals to come back with new recruits. 9 of her 10 generals returned each bringing about 50 people.

When the last general came back it was the dead of night, with many of the soldiers fast asleep. She ran into camp, not caring who she woke up. What she saw needed to be reported to Caroline.

Lucky for her, Caroline was awake and sitting at a large table drinking a cup of coffee. "I've been waiting for you to come back" she said as the general approached. "Care to tell me what took you so long."

The girl sat down in the seat beside the leader and started to cry. "The villains are here."

"Well that was fast. I thought we would at least get a week. Were they at the village?"

"Yes" she answered, hoping her hands would stop shaking. "It seemed they were under mind control."

"What is the size of their army?"

"Nearly the same as ours, maybe bigger. I didn't get a good look."

Caroline took another sip of her coffee and leaned back in the chair. She could attempt to sneak attack them, but she did not want to lead her people into a trap. The villains must know where their base is at, if they knew to come to New York. Maybe a rescue mission to get Zayn would be the best option. Right now they had the element of surprise. If they went right now as the villains slept, they could save Zayn.

"Go wake up John Ryan" Caroline ordered, dumping out the rest of her drink. "I need to get the lads. We have a rescue mission to plan."

It took the lads zero time to wake up when they heard the possibility of getting their boyfriend back. They seemed more than eager to go on the mission, not caring of the risks. The rescue team comprised of Niall, Harry, Ryan, and the general who found villains, Holly. It was decided to have Liam and Louis stay back in case things went south. Besides Caroline was not going to let Louis out her sights and Liam had the German army to command. As much as Louis and Liam wanted to go they had other responsibilities. They argued to go, but in the end stayed behind. The second the rescue team left, Louis and Liam paced the campground beyond worried for their boyfriends.