No More Pain

Zayn stayed in his cell for a couple hours in peace and quiet. It was nice. He could almost pretend that he was back safe with his boyfriends. When he heard footsteps approach, he couldn't help but begin to shake. What new torture was in store for him now.

He was surprised to see Trish appear at the end of the hall, holding the key to his cell in her hand. "You up for a little fun with me?" she asked, staring at her perfectly pedicured nails. Zayn nodded his head yes, knowing he didn't have much of a choice. "Do you promise to not and try to escape? Remember I have everyone's powers and I am not afraid to use them."

"I won't try anything" Zayn promised, wishing he was back in the arms of his boyfriends. He did not want to be stuck alone with the girl. Trish was the unpredictable one, if he had to choose a villain to get stuck with it would be Rebecca. He was led to the outside of the camp where there was a small pond. He wondered if this was how he was going to die.

Trish sat down near the edge and indicted for Zayn to sit next to her. "You must have many questions about us" she started "I know I would. You have gone through hell these past few weeks. You must want some answers."

Zayn was quiet for a moment. He didn't know if the girl was being serious. "Why are you being nice to me?"

"I wouldn't call it nice. This is my way of apologizing about last night. Just know Paul didn't suffer long, we killed before we mutilated the body. Rebecca was too embarrassed to come over, but she is sorry as well. I'm not sure what came over us last night and I'm sure Natalie and Evan are not thrilled either with what they did. Once our adrenaline runs out, we are left with our true feelings."

The boy was at a lost for words. Was Trish showing him compassion after all this time? Were they not all monsters? "So you brought me out here to say you are sorry?"

"Not exactly, you have been brought here because you have a right to know about us and our story. Ask me a question and I shall answer to the best of my ability."

Zayn thought for a moment and went with the most obvious question. "Why do you want to cause death and destruction?"

"Boring" Trish groaned, kicking her foot in the water. "Be creative, this is a once and lifetime thing."

"Fine, how did you guys meet?"

"Better" she complimented. She turned her body towards Zayn. "I am not sure if the others would want me to tell the story, but I do like stirring up trouble."

Closing her eyes, the girl leaned back into the grass almost debating if she should say anything. "You'll be dead soon anyway so why not" she declared, sounding a little too serious for Zayn's liking. "My friends and I grew up in a small town secluded from any big city. We lived off the land with the other townspeople and mostly kept to ourselves. I lived in a little shack with my parents, as did the others. But our peace came to an end as quickly as it started."

Light seeped through Trish's hut, waking the girl from her slumber. She was always an early bird, and began getting dressed for the day. Her village was small with a population of about 30 people. Everybody was nice and she was lucky enough to have 8 people there around her age. From those 8 kids around the ages of 10, she had her best friends Natalie, Rebecca, Peter, and Tierra. They had practically grown up together, since each of them were born in that village only months apart.

She walked down to the farming fields and picked some fresh fruit to eat for breakfast. The village had a weekly system of who did what jobs. Today half of the adults like Trish's parents would do the farming and the others would hunt and scavenge for food. It also the day the kids had school much to Trish's dismay. Her favorite day was when she could go fishing. School was nothing special just a once a week thing where they went over basic information. It was mostly around to make sure the kids remembered the old world. Their village was fortunate enough to have a teacher from before the Fearsome Five attack.