Maybe I'll Learn To Love It

This didn't look like my home.
There was expensive stuff everywhere, there was huge space, and my room was too big.
I know, it sounds kind of selfish of me to say that. Many other girls would say, "I can't believe I'm going to be living in this magnificent mansion!"
But you know, I have my reasons.
I started to tear up when I thought about Noel and the girls home. I was gone for only an hour, and I miss them already.
"Even Mrs. Green?" You would ask?
Yes even Mrs. Green.
I sigh and drop my skateboard and my tiny book bag on the shiny wooden floor of my so called room and plopped on the bed which was like three sizes bigger than my bed back home. I moaned in happiness as I felt how comfortable the bed was.
The sheets were soft and silky like, and the pillows had that new smell that I like.
This was probably the only thing I liked about being adopted at that moment. I sat up quickly as I heard a knock.
I groaned and opened the door to see that it was the man that adopted me.
What was his name again?
Lenard?
Luke?
Lewis?
I don't know. All I know is that it starts with an L.
All if a sudden I was snapped back to reality when the man snapped his fingers a few inches away from my face.
"You there Snow?" He asked.
I looked at him with bewilderment. "What did you say?"
He chuckled. "I asked if your room was okay."
I turned around and examined the room a little bit longer.
I faced him again. "I don't like it." I say with a monotone and crosses my arms. The man frowned and looked in my room in confusion.
"Wait. Is there something wrong with your room, because I can fix it-"
"No," I interrupted him. "The rooms too big."
He looks at me in confusion. "Too big? Um well the only room smaller than this is the attic." He scratches his head.
I shrugged. "Okay." I grabbed my skateboard and my bag off the ground and walked out of the room with this man following me.
"Wait. You're actually going to the attic?" He asked in confusion.
I nodded and waited for him to show me where my new room was.
"Oh sorry! Right this way!" He says with excitement.
I look at him like he was crazy.
This dude is weird.
The man opened a door that was at the end of the hallway and it led to wooden steps.
When we got to the top, I jumped up and down with excitement.
"It's beautiful!" I dropped my stuff and walked around the attic.
"Oh, uh are you sure? I mean there's only a bed and a small window." He explains.
I smiled. "I like it. I'll decorate it and make it my room."
The man chuckled. "Alright Snow." He walked away.
"Thanks Leonard! I yell.
The man walked back in the room. "It's Louis." He laughs.
"Oh sorry." I say.
Louis nods. "Dinner will be in a hour. We will talk about the rules at dinner." He says with a more serious voice, and walks out.
"Really? Rules?" I groan and fell on my new bed which wasn't as comfortable as the other one, but oh wells.
******************************************
After unpacking and decorating my room, I played Quizup on my phone until Louis called me for dinner.
I was dreading for dinner.
1. I didn't want to eat...
2. I don't want to hear his stupid rules.
Did I forget to mention that I hate rules?
Yes I hate them.
A lot.
"Snow! Dinner!" I hear Louis yell from downstairs.
I sigh and walked down the stairs, to the kitchen to see two plates of food.
Both plates had too much food on it.
I gagged looking at the food.
It was Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, green beans, fruit and a salad.
Louis came in with two cups of what looked like orange juice.
He smiled and handed me the cup, and I gladly took it.
"Sorry I didn't know if you were a vegetarian or not so I just made this." He sits down in front of me at the dining table.
He starts to dig in, but I just sit there looking at my food.
Louis looks up from stuffing Mac and cheese and sees that I haven't eaten anything yet.
He points at my food with his fork. "Eat." He demands.
I roll my eyes and grab my fork and just played around with my food.
Louis sighs. "Snow playing around with your food is not going to help you eat. Stop acting like a child and eat your food." He scolds and goes back to eating.
I look down at the food and back at him.
I picked up my plate and threw the food at his face.
Louis had food all on his face and on his shirt.
At first his face was full of shock, then it quickly turned into anger, and annoyance. He aggressively grabs the napkin next to him and wipes some of the food off his face.
He looks at me with rage. "I'd go to your room if I were you Snow."
I quickly get up from my chair, and walk up to my room.
I paced back and forth in my room, trying to figure out what to do.
Should I run away?
I looked at the small window next to my bed.
I grabbed my skateboard and jumped out of my window onto the ground. I made sure the window was still open so I could sneak back in without Louis knowing.
**************************
I skateboarded around the town until I made a stop to the basketball court to catch my breath.
I sat on one of the old picnic tables and looked at the stars and the full moon.
I heard dribbling from one of the basketball courts and decided that I'd go ask if I could play.
I opened one of the gates to see a few boys my age playing basketball.
One of the boys turned around and smiled. "You wanna play?" He asks.
The boy had dirty blonde hair that went down to his shoulders. His eyes were bright green and he was tall as hell.
I gotta say, he was kind of hot and sexy.
I soon realized I was staring when all the boys were looking at me confused.
"Oh sorry, um yeah sure." I say.
He throws me the basketball. I back up a little bit, aim for the goal and threw the ball into the net.
The boy clapped his hand and smiled. "Wow you're really good at this."
I smiled. "I used to play when I was little." I say and threw another goal.
The boy studied me. "What made you stop?" He questions.
I look at him for a moment.
I shook my head.
"Parents died." I mumbled.
"Both of them?" He asked shocked.
I nodded.
"How did-"
"I don't want to talk about it." I snapped and threw the ball at him, and walked away.
"Wait!" I hear him call from behind.
I turned around. "Yes?"
"My names Jason by the way." He says and holds out his hand for me to shake.
I smiled. "Snow."
He laughed. "Snow? As in snow from a snowstorm?" He asks.
I laughed. "Sure."
We both stood there for a couple of seconds until I broke the silence.
"It's getting late. I should go." I say and start to walk off.
"Can I have your number?" He asks mumbling a little.
I smile. "Yeah." I type my number into his phone and walked away.
"It was nice meeting you!" He yells.
I laughed. "It was nice meeting you too!" I yelled back.
*********************************************
Oh no..... I'm in big trouble.
My window to my room was closed.
Louis knew I snook out.
I walked up to the front porch steps and noticed the porch lights were on which meant he was waiting up for me.
Here goes nothing.
I opened the door quietly and closed it. I turned around and there was an angry Louis right in front of me with his hands on his hips.
"Where were you?" He asks.
"Nowhere." I mumble and try to pass him but he blocks me from the stairs.
"Snow, it's 12:00am! Where the hell were you? Do you know it's dangerous out there? You could've been hurt!" He screams at me.
"Well I'm not dead am I?" I roll my eyes.
"Drop the attitude Snow."
"I don't have on-"
"You are so disrespectful! You need to be put right in your place young lady! You don't get to think you're the queen of the world and disregard everything I tell you to do! Now, go to your room and stay there! I don't want to hear another word from you again tonight!" He screams at me.
Tears start to roll down my cheek as I walk up the stairs.
Maybe I'll learn to love it here, but for right now....
I hate it.