The Past

Someday in your life you will make a huge mistake that you can't take back. Like for instance, you and your friend were fighting over the silliest thing, and you say something that slipped from your mouth that you didn't mean to say and offended your friend. You can't take what you said back, you wish you never said that to your friend but it happens, and it happens to everyone.
I made a huge mistake that changed my life forever, and I can never take that mistake back.......ever.
I remember the simple rules and tasks my parents gave me when I was a little kid. Never talk to strangers, ask before you actually do it, say please thank you and excuse me, always have good manners at the dinner table, and most importantly, never open a door to strangers!
I broke one of those rules which resulted in my family being in danger and even worse, killed........
I was 6 years old when I made that huge mistake.
I was sitting at the dinner table with my whole family having a nice, and relaxing dinner. We were all enjoying each other's company, laughing, telling jokes, and stuffing food in our mouths that my mom cooked. I loved watching my parents looking at each other with love in their eyes.
'I wanna love someone as much as my mom and dad loves each other.' I thought.
It was 8:30 pm past my bed time for a 6 year old. My twin brother, Caleb and I were washing the table, while my mom and dad were washing dishes together still looking lovey dovey. My little brother Luke, (4 years old) was already asleep on the couch in only his diaper. After finishing washing the tables, I sat on the couch next to Luke watching television while my parents were on the back porch probably making out and telling each other they love each other. I hear a car screech in front of our house, which made me become a little curious. Who would want to come to our house this late at night? I walk slowly up to the front door and look out at the windows that were beside the door. There were three black SUVs park in front of our house. Next thing I know, I see a man come up and ring the doorbell. I squint my eyes to get a better look at him. He was very tall, young (looked about 20 years old), he had a black and white suit with a black tie, tight around his neck. He looked and saw that I was at the window looking at him. He smiled and waved.
He looks like a nice guy, I should let him in! And that's when I made that huge mistake.....I opened the door and let the man in without saying a word. The man looked down at me. "Where's your parents little one?" He asked smiling.
I point at the door which leads to the back porch.
The man glanced back at the door. "Can you please tell your parents that a man is here and that he needs to talk to them?" He kneels down smirking.
I nod and run to the porch and find my parents kissing on the bench that they always sit on.
"Mommy Daddy, there's someone here that wants to talk to you." I explain.
Mom and dad looked at each other with fear and confusion. "Snow what did we say about letting strangers in the house! It could be dangerous." My dad whisper-yells. I looked down. "Oh, sorry daddy I forgot." I say.
My mom and dad stand up and hug me. "It's alright sweetheart you're still learning. Let's find out who this person is." My mom says and walks back into to he house followed by my dad. I hear gasps and screams which made me and Caleb (my twin brother) run where the screams and gasps were. It was the man holding a gun pointing it at my dad.
I gasp and scream. My daddy was about to get shot! The man in the black and white suit looked at me and smirked.
"Thanks sweetheart for getting them for me." He looks back at my parents.
"George." My mom whispered, "What are you doing here?" She hissed.
I held my little brother Luke tight and tried calming him down as he was crying.
"Take anything, my wallet, my car, anything! Just don't hurt my wife or my children." My dad stuttered uneasy.
The man in front of us with his gun pointing at my father. "Oh, stop the lying David. You know who I am and why I'm here." Then he glanced right at me and smirked evilly.
I feared for my life. 'Why is he looking at me?'I thought.
I could hear my heart beating very fast as he kept staring at me with daggers.
I felt my dad pull me back.
Only me.
Why me though? Why not Luke? Or Caleb? And how come they know his name? Did they know him before?
"What do you want then, George?" My father asked. I've never seen my dad and mom this scared. And they know this guy?
The man (George) gave an evil smirk to my parents and looked at me. My heart started to pound very hard, the neighbors probably could hear it.
"I want your daughter David, and you know why." He told my father and took a step toward us. "If not then I will kill the rest of you."
The grip on Luke tightened.
Luke and Caleb started to cry even more.
I tried to shush Luke but he cried even harder.
"Shut the little idiot up." He glared down at him.
That made my blood boil. I loved Luke and know one talks to him that way.
"Shut up you piece of trash. 'He's just a little boy!" I yelled. The man George looked at me and chuckled. "Feisty one aren't you Snow?" He says.
Chills ran up my spine as he said my name.
"Now make your choice David. I take the child and you will survive. If you don't, then I will kill all of you." He said coldly. My breath was ragged now as I heard what he said. I can't do that to my family.
I'd rather go with this psychotic head, then watch my whole family die. I felt my dad tense. "No you will not take my daughter, and you won't kill my family, b-but you can kill me." He stutters.
My mom gasped. "David no, you can't." She cries.
Tears streamed down my face. I can't let this happen. "Fine." George replied. And pointed the gun at him.
That's when I suddenly lost it. I screamed and kicked as I felt hands grab my arms to pull me away from my father.
As soon as I knew it, George without no hesitation, he shot my father right in the chest three times.
BANG!
BANG!
BANG!
I couldn't believe my eyes as I saw blood spilling from his mouth and his chest. "DADDY!" I screamed watching as he fell to the floor unconscious.
I wanted to run to him, but one of the guards held me back.
George looked at me, then at my mom and my two brothers. "Why won't I kill them too?" He smirked evilly as he pointed to my mom and my to brothers.
My eyes widened. "No you can't! Please I'll go with you!" I screamed with tears streaming down my face.
George walked towards me with the gun at his side. I glanced at the gun many times and hoped that he wouldn't point it at me.
"I'm gonna take you no matter what sweetheart, you're family needs to be taught a lesson." He whispers and caresses my cheek. I flinch and try to back up but the hold from the guards grip tightened.
George turned around and faced the rest of my family who were pleading and crying for their life.
Three bullets.
BANG!
BANG!
BANG!
And they were dead.
I couldn't take it anymore. My knees buckled into place. I screamed and screamed as loud as I could. Nobody stopped me. It watched me cry and scream for my family to come back from the dead.
I looked up at George and glared at him and clenched my fist.
George started at me for a while with no emotion. "Take her to the car and make sure she doesn't escape. I'll clean all this up." He explains.
The guards dragged me down to one of the SUVs.
I kneed the one who was holding me in the crotch which made him groan in pain. I ran as fast as I could to the police station.
Right when I got there, I knew my whole life would be different for now on.