Chapter 11; New Years Eve

Sherlock was gazing out the misty window onto Baker Street. He was softly playing his violin when he suddenly stopped by the feeling of someone standing behind him.

Sharply turning around, Sherlock put his violin down on the chair besides him. He stopped and listened as he could hear someone in his flat.

"John?" ...
"Mary?" ...
"Mrs Hudson?"...
"Amber"... Sherlock Shouted with fear.

Ever so slowly, Sherlock creeped around the flat, looking for who ever it was inside.

"Sherlock" Amber shouted

"Amber what are you doing?" Sherlock wondered with relief

"Just cleaning up, is that okay? Sorry, I was awake early and I didn't know what to do"

"Yes, yes of course that's fine. You just scared me that's all" Sherlock mumbled.

Amber smiled and walked over to Sherlock. They hugged tightly as Amber slowly lifted her head up so her chin was resting on Sherlock's chest.

"What are the plans, you know for tonight?" Amber wondered

Sherlock smiled and looked down into Ambers hazel eyes.

"I was thinking, you, John, Mary and I should go on the London eye. When you're at the top, there is a great view of the firework display at midnight. Plus the city looks amazing with all the lights on"  Sherlock chirped.

"Sounds good. I'll give John a call later and let them know" Amber said while looking into Sherlock's blue eyes.

"There's no need for that, I shall do it in a minute, as I need to talk to John about something anyway."

Amber smiled and nodded, while Sherlock bent down and left a kiss on Ambers forehead.

Amber walked into the bathroom to have a shower and freshen up, while Sherlock picked up his phone to give John a text.

Text;
Hello John,
Amber and I are heading towards the London Eye tonight, are you going to join us? I'm planning to get on the Eye for 23:30, by the time the wheel is at the top, it should be midnight. While the fireworks are going off, I might do it then. I might do it before, I need to think about it. See you later.
Sh

Sherlock walked into his room and opened his wardrobe. In the corner he found the bag that held the engagement ring, he went through the bag to find the box, he carefully opened it to see the ring. He smiled and said to himself.

"I hope she says yes"

Suddenly...

Amber slammed open the door, not realising that Sherlock was in his room. Sherlock jumped back and slammed the little box shut, chucking it into the bag and then launching the bag into his wardrobe and slamming the doors shut.

"What was that about?" Amber worried

"Oh nothing you just made me jump" Sherlock mumbled

Amber looked worried, but she faked smiled and nodded her head while she walked in with a white towel around her body and a white towel wrapped around her head.

Amber sat down on Sherlock's fresh sheets on his bed. She heard Sherlock's phone ping, it was a text.

Text;
Okay Sherlock, we will meet you outside Costa around 23:00. Don't be late.
JW x

Ambers eyes slowly looked at Sherlock's phone as she tried to read the message, but Sherlock wouldn't allow her to see it.

While Amber was drying her hair, she looked really worried.