Chapter 7; lunch

Sherlock, Amber and John got back to Baker Street. It had been a long day for them, being at court for most of the morning. It was lunch time in London, when Sherlock opened the door to 221B he saw the dust floating around while the sun rays were shinning though the window. He chucked his coat and scarf onto his desk and Amber put her coat neatly onto the coat hanger by the door, while John put his coat over his chair.

In Sherlock's kitchen was Mrs Hudson drinking a cup of tea whiling she was reading the news paper.

"Hello Amber, darling. How was it today?" Mrs Hudson softly questioned.

Amber looked at Sherlock and he smiled at her.

"It went alright, he was charged as guilty. I started crying though." Amber said looking directly at the floor.

"She did great, Mrs Hudson thanks for asking." Sherlock butted in.

"We were about to go for Lunch Mrs Hudson, are you joining us?" John kindly asked.

Mrs Hudson looked at the clock and squinted her eyes to see what the time was.

"Oh go on then, why not. Where are we going?" Mrs Hudson questioned.

"Asollp Arms, Shall we? their food is quite nice in there." John said to Mrs Hudson and Sherlock.

Sherlock looked at John and nodded.

"I'm going to go get Mary and the baby." John mumbled.

Sherlock and Amber looked at each other and Sherlock smiled. He walked over to Amber and stoked her check. Her eyes looked watery and she looked very pale.

"What's wrong?" Sherlock puzzled.

"Oh nothing, I just haven't eaten much. Today was a tough one. I'm ashamed of my self for crying." Amber mumbled.

Sherlock frowned at Amber and gently kissed her on the forehead.

"Don't be." Sherlock whispered.

Amber smiled at Sherlock as she sat down by the fire. Sherlock slowly strolled into the kitchen, on the table he saw the news paper that Mrs Hudson was reading. On the first page the headline flashed at Sherlock 'Man shot into Hospital' Sherlock read the article.

MAN SHOT INTO HOSPITAL
On Wednesday night, a man was shot down an alley way by Baker Street. A young lady called an ambulance not shortly after the man was shot, the women said "I was walking home that night when I heard a gun fire, I ran towards where I heard the shot and I saw the body on the floor, no body else was with the man so I didn't call the police as I didn't know who the murderer was. I called an ambulance and they came within 8 minutes." Police investigators are still investigating who the killer is. The man luckily did not die, but he sadly lays in King Edwards Hospital, with a deep wound to the head.

Sherlock frowned at this statement and took the paper to where Amber was sitting.

"King Edwards Hospital. Isn't that where I was the other day with John while we were waiting for Mary?" John mumbled very quickly.

Amber looked confused, she took  the paper out of Sherlock's hand and read the article. She laughed at it and looked up at Sherlock.

"She did as I said, and yes, that is the same hospital you and John were at. Why does that concern you?" Amber snapped.

Sherlock frowned at Amber.

"Oh- my- God. You think that George and Moriarty are up to something together don't you?" Amber said very sharply.

Sherlock smiled at Amber, as she had guessed correctly.

"Correct. Very good Amber. In court today George told us that he had ran to the wrong ward. He was probably meant to go to intensive care to find Moriarty. Makes sense don't it?" Sherlock snapped