Chapter 5.

Chapter 5.

I looked at lena, I knew what she was trying to do.

I put on a fake smile. "thank you but I can't, I have to bring Luca back home."

As if they planned this whole thing out, next thing you know Sergio walks out the locker room with Luca besides him.

"Sergio wouldn't mind bringing Luca home, would you sergio?" Lena said glancing back at my brother.

"wouldn't mind what?" Sergio's attention was brought to us as he heard his name.

"You wouldn't mind bring Luca back with you, so Carolina can come to dinner with us" lena said.

Sergio's shrugged. "sure I don't care"

"then it's settled" lena flashed me a brilliant smile.

I rolled my eyes as I watched Sergio and Luca walk away. "fine, what restaurant are we going to?"

Sami and Lena looked at each other like they were silently deciding with their minds. Finally lena looked at me. "Botín, I've heard its a really nice restaurant "

"well I've got my car with me so I'll just follow you guys" I said.

--

And just like that I found myself sitting at a table with my best friend and her boyfriend and Mesut Özil. I sat besides Lena and across from Mesut. And Mesut sat besides Sami of course. I listened to Sami telling us a story about that time him and Mesut walked in the wrong locker room during one of their el Classico games against Barcelona.

"that's so awkward" I laughed, "you two in your little white jerseys and then the entire Barcelona team. "

"I practically pissed my pants" Sami said.

I looked at Mesut who was also laughing. "how did it feel Özil? Being in the presence of Messi? "

He rolled his eyes. "I think you should be asking messi how it felt to be in my presence."

"Unbelievable, now I know how you and Sergio are such good friends."

"make fun all you want Carolina, but you won't have the last laugh when Real Madrid beats your Barcelona next week" he said.

"wait wait, you favor Barca over us?" Sami's eyes nearly popped out.

I nodded trying to hide a laugh. "I like you guys, I just like them more"

"now that's unbelievable." Sami shook his head.

I leaned back on my chair. "I'm not even the least bit sorry Khedira"

"so we are on last name basis now Ramos? Wow I thought we really had something special" Sami joked.

"as if you'd be this lucky to receive my attention" I smirked leaning forward accidentally kicking something.

"ow that's my foot" Mesut groaned.

I giggled. "sorry, I thought you were a footballer. Your feet suppose to be really strong, I guess not."

Mesut raised his eyebrow before smirking and returning the kick at my feet. "strong enough now?"

My phone went off really loud, which caught the attention of half of the restaurant. I picked it up and pressed answer.

" hello?" I answered.

" oh hi-um Carolina, Its me Adam, is this a bad time?" Adams asked.

I looked back at everybody, well I'm not going to lie, I looked directly at Mesut. "oh Adam, hi uh yeah sort of "

" oh, well I guess I'll just call you back?" He asked hopefully

"Yeah sounds good. " I answered

" cool, well uh good bye Carolina" he said.

" bye" and with that I clicked end. I turned back towards the table.

" Adam? As in the really cute American guy you went on that date with?" She grinned,

I glanced at Mesut, he was fixing the cuff of his dress shirt. " uh yeah him"

" what did he want?" Lena asked.

I looked at Sami who seemed so into out conversation. " nosy much?" I spat at Sami

" well sorry if you two are right in front if me" he raised both his hands up in defense.

"Yeah yeah whatever. Anyways I don't know, I told him it was a bad time right now to talk" I told lena

"Why are wasting your time with non footballers, footballers are the best boyfriends" Sami boasted

" sorry footballer or not, if your not Lionel Messi I don't want to talk" I shrugged.

"wow unbelievable" Sami sighed

"I don't know Carolina, I think you and Mesut would make a cute couple"lena said which caused mesut to choke on the water he was drinking and I nearly fell off my chair.

"W-what do yyyou mean?" I asked.

"You know exactly what I mean" she winked at me.

After that awkward part we ended dinner and decided to all contribute in the bill. Lena and Sami left the restaurant first leaving me to grab my bag.

"I'll walk you to your car" Mesut said.

I smiled at him. "thank you but I think I can make it"

"you're the definition of stubborn, I insist on walking you" he got up.

I rolled my eyes. "stubborn? Well okay go ahead and walk me" I got up and walked beside mesut as we quietly walked out of the restaurant.

We reached my black Audi. "well thanks for walking me to my car"

"Not a problem " he smiled, " and uh we should hang out more. Me and you alone. Unless you don't want to, then we could invite lena and Sami unless you have other people in mind like your brother which ever you prefer"

I giggled. "I would love to hang out mesut, just me and you."

He smiled look down then back up at me. " well goodnight Carolina." He said leaning in, for some reason I thought he was going to kiss me on my lips.

Disappoint.

Utter disappointment.

He kissed me on the cheek briefly before smiling back at me. "goodnight Özil."

--