Chapter 9: Stuck

"Your mom?"

"Yeah" I laughed to release the tension in the air but it definitely didn't work. He was still starring at me like I said something against his family.

"Why?"

"She kinda gets all" I gulped "Mad at times but it's sometimes my fault. She just wants the best for me"

"And she does that by hitting you? That's bullshit"

"She's just a strict disciplinarian. That's all"

"This isn't discipline, it's torture"

"No it's not" I said "You know what? Just forget all about this. Let's act like it never happened. Just drive me back home and let things be the way they were"

"We both know that's impossible"

"It's not. All we have to do is to erase this"

"We'll do that after we get to my house"

"Excuse you" I said as he tried to hold unto my hand again "I have a house"

"Yeah, you also have a psycho as a mother"

"She's not a psycho" Lies "I love her the way she is. Please mind your business and take me home. Please"

"You're coming with me"

"Thanks for the offer but I really have to head home now. I don't_"

"You can't go home. At least, not looking like this. I don't think you noticed but that bruise is huge. You can't stay with someone that hits you like this. You're too young for that, you're just a teenager"

"Almost eighteen" I mumbled. "It doesn't make any difference."

"You're still not going home"

"Who's gonna take care of my mom when I leave?" I asked "It's not what it looks like. She's not a psycho and she doesn't just hit me for no reason"

"Shut up" Those were the last words he said before he held my wrist and dragged me back to the car. Believe me, I tried to pull my hand away but it was no avail. It didn't look like it made any difference.

Once again, I made a dumb decision.

I could award myself for dumbest of the century.

I mean, what exactly was I thinking?

Luke, who I considered my best and closest friend, knew nothing about it and it was in the hands of the most popular kid in school. I didn't want to use the word jerk but he was more than one.

Dylan would always be Dylan. There was no other word I could use to describe how cruel he could be. He could use this as a tool to prank me or even worse, he could share it amongst this minions and soon, the whole school would know about it.

I wasn't scarred about the fact it would ruin the reputation I'd acquired in days but because i would be embarrassed in front of the whole school. I'd felt how being the talk of the school was and I didn't want to experience it again.

It would be the most steaming and hottest gist in school. Mostly because in my years in Bluefallls, i'd never heard a news about abuse and all. They would point fingers and whisper things at me and before I knew it, it would get to the principal and I would be in foster care.

"If you scream, you'll only be putting yourself in more trouble so shut up and get in" He said. He didn't wait for my reply before opening the door and pushing me in. He got into the driver's seat and brought the engines to life.