"I seriously doubt that." Mara mused as she opened the cooler and pulled out a grape soda. Karen shrugged and winced in pain. Mara glanced over to her curiously noticing the pain in her face as Karen shifted uncomfortably.

  "Well regardless, Haven learning to shift is top priority learning to use a gun can only go so far. His wolf will help him survive any unexpected attacks." Hunter pointed out. Hunter was always worried about Haven getting hurt and no one being able to save him. If his wolf ever surfaced he'd be less squishy and more resilient to bullet holes.

  "What attack so far has been expected?" Mara asked, "Since when do hunters knock on the door and let us know they'll attack next week? It doesn't." Mara waved the can of soda at Hunter.

  "I get it, okay?" Haven spoke up, "I'm dead weight." There was a pause, a moment in time that no one said a single word to object,

  And that simple pause it pissed Haven off.

  "Wow, thanks." Haven stood up and brushed himself off then turned to head back to the truck. Hunter grabbed his arm.

  "Haven you're not dead weight. You're my mate." Haven pulled away from him and glared.

  "Don't pull that 'you're my mate' shit. I'm not even sure I know what that means anymore. Don't get me wrong I love you, I do but..." Haven shook his head. "I'm just feeling pretty useless and you saying I'm you're mate and nothing else basically means I'm a groupie, some boy toy for you." He sighed and walked away. Hunter didn't stop him this time.

  Hunter watched Haven go sadly, he obviously needed his space. He didn't know what to say to that,

  Mainly because he wasn't too sure what a groupie was or a boy toy for that matter.

  But also because Hunter genuinely couldn't think of anything to say to argue with Haven,

  He was right.

  Haven couldn't contribute to defending the group not as long as he was couldn't change forms.

  "I feel horrible now." Mara said as she took a sip of her drink. Hunter hated soda it was just too sweet, he couldn't see how anyone was interested in it let alone believe Haven when he said it was a multibillion dollar business.

  "He can't be right, he's family." Karen said with a frown.

  "But it's true," Mara responded, "Haven hasn't been pulling his own weight. He's Hunter's chew toy and a liability when it comes to hunters and wolves looking to kill him because of the prophecy." Karen glared at Mara and smacked her arm only to flinch herself. Mara frowned and tilted her head, "I really think you should go to the hospital or something. I don't think it's just a rash anymore."

  "I'm fine; it's just a little agitation." Karen insisted. Hunter sighed and sat down with them glancing in the way Haven had gone. He didn't like it when Haven was alone, but they were in a secure area. Hunter's never entered since it was heavily frequented by the Dark Fea and wolves never roamed here because it was a nature preserve which meant humans owned the land. They were safer here than in their own apartment.

  Mara scooted closer to Karen and gestured for her to turn around. "Come on lift your shirt and let me see." She said in that bossy tone very few people could say no too. Karen was one of the few however she did as she was told this time.

  Turning around and lifting her shirt to reveal the area around her scars were red and agitated like a rash, but as far as Hunter knew fairies don't get sick. Be it a cold, a rash or even depressed fairies are simply unable to contract any foreign bodies that would make them sick.

  "Well that's weird." Mara mused thoughtfully and pulled out her phone to take a picture for Karen to see. "What is it?" She asked as she handed the phone to Karen who was quiet in response as she stared down at the phone. "Karen?" Mara persisted.

  "I don't know." Karen answered finally, "I don't know what it is."

~~~~

Trivia Answers!

1) What is Jace's real name? Full if you can remember his last name as well.

Jace Moore

2) Why was Mara chasing Hunter down like a Dog?

She wanted to be cured, following the legend that if the wolf that bit her died she'd be cured.

3) Who was Haven's best friend?

Eli Wells, Hunter killed him for being a Dark Fairy. (Edit: What the hell? This is wrong. Eli was shot by hunters...hmmm...Strange...Wait never mind this is right in the original version, the version in my messy messy notes, Eli did die when Hunter attacked but I changed it down the line as I fleshed the story out a bit more, huh wow that's still weird lol I think the time I thought up Eli's death by Hunter's hands and the change to Eli's death by the hunter's hands were nearly a year and a half apart; and in between that I'd decided I wanted Eli to live and had figured he'd be there at the end with the group as they walked away from the burning hunter compound.)

~~~~

Look It's Haven and company! Haven's having some issues with his shift and is feeling pretty damn useless. Comment! You know you want to yell at me for leaving Little Red on such a big Cliff hanger! And don't forget to vote <3