Chapter 42

(Lahar POV)

Natsu's eyes were changing from green to black over and over.

"Hey are you okay," I asked him, then Lucy Heartfilia got up and growled then Natsu collapsed.

"I was trying to get some more sleep but I guess not," she told herself.

(Lucy POV)

"What just happen there," Lahar asked me.

"I made his dragon go to sleep, and since he just awaken his dragon it caused him to sleep," I told him. "You wanted to ask me what happened during my battle with Sting," I asked Lahar and Yajima.

"Yes," Yajima answered, Lahar nodded his head.

"Simple answer is that I wasn't the one fighting, the one who was fighting was my dragon," I told them, "Same with Sting, it was a battle to see who was the strongest and the ones that the dragons of the dragon slayers accept as their leader, it has to be brutal." 

"It has to be?" Lahar asked.

"To show the other dragon just how much strong the other is, granted my dragon is a bit more aggressive than Sting's was, it was stupid of him to challenge my dragon so soon," I continued.

"Why?" Lahar asked.

"Think of it like this, my dragon has been awakened far long than Sting's, which was just woken, since at least last night, where as mine has been awakened for years," I told them, "It would have been like a newborn going against a full grown adult." 

"So what happened to Mr. Dragneel there, while we were talking I asked him what happen in his fight against Orga, and he started to act strange and his eyes were changing back and forth," Lahar asked me.

"Natsu is in the same boat as Sting," I told him,"While Natsu's dragon has been awake since at least the Naval Battle that doesn't mean that he has the control that I do, you heard most of my explanation to Rufus, the stuff about the true dragon force and all, that was true, when as young dragon is born they don't have much control over their instincts and their instincts can take over at any time, same thing applies to dragon slayers."

"What you did to Natsu, is it because his 'dragon' as you called it, accepts you as its leader," Lahar asked me.

"No, my control over the dragons' instincts and the acceptance of leadership are two separate things," I told them, not getting into much detail. 

"RWWAAARRRRRRRR," a loud roar sounded, I recognize that roar, I know it anywhere, I jumped from my bed crawled over Natsu, waking him up by kneeing him in the stomach, and shot out the doorway, the rest of Fairy Tail, including the dragons, Lahar, and Yajima. Natsu was running behind me close to my side, I saw that Sting and Rouge had joined us as well.  Then I saw him in the distance, I jumped up and screamed.

(A/N I think I am going to stop there......................................................................................... That's what I would be saying if I was one of those people who put Cliffhangers just because they can)

"FATHER," I screamed and I gave him a huge hug.

(Natsu POV)

I woke up to a sharp pain in my stomach then I saw that Luce was darting out of the door, I ran after her as soon as I could and I caught up quickly. We were ran out of the infirmary when I was this guy with blue hair and he was wearing a black torn up cloak, Luce jumped up.

"FATHER," she shouted and the man turned around and Luce gave him a huge hug. I know I should be happy for her but I can't but feel a bit on edge with Acnologia's arrival. I looked around to see that the others had the same opinion. 

"It has been so long Father, where have you been," Luce asked him, "I want to know what you have been doing for the last seven years but that will have to wait," she told him and climbed of him, she grabbed the back of his head and pulled him down in an apologetic bow in front of Gramps. "Say you're sorry," Luce told him.

"I apologize for my actions on Tenrou Island, and my actions against Fairy Tail, it was wrong of me and I shouldn't have done what I did," Acnologia told Gramps and Gramps looked at the dragon in shock. 

"Apology accepted," Gramps told the dragon unsure of what to do.

"Now that that is over with, Lahar, Yajima any questions you want to asked about what happen ask one of the dragons over there," Luce told them and gestured at Igneel and the other dragons.

"Wait a moment Lucy, I need to ask Igneel something," Acnologia told Luce and she tilted her head in confusion, "It will only be a moment." Acnologia and Igneel when into an alley and then after a few mintues they came back out with the same grins Mira gets when she is planning something.

(Acnologia POV)

I took Igneel into a alleyway and made sure that none of the other dragons or dragon slayers can hear me.

"Please tell me that my nose was lying to me," I asked Igneel, he shook his head.

"Well, guess that you and I need to start getting along," I told him.

"Like we did before Anna's death," Igneel asked.

"We can't keep looking at the past now can we," I told him.

"Anna was as much as my friend as she was your mate," Igneel told me.

"I will work on my anger," I told him.

"And all of us dragons will work on reconnecting with the humans, and you will stop attack villages that used to harbor that dreaded guild," Igneel told me.

"There is only the headquarters left but yes I will stop attacking those villages," I told him. "But can I still keep on fighting those who challenge me."

"As long as you don't kill them," he told me and we started to walk back.

"It is about time she found a mate, maybe we can sent them on a date sometime," I told Igneel and he grinned.

"I like that plan, and I know just who to asked for help," he told me.

(Some where on the outskirts of Crocus)

(Unknown POW)

'Now that the games are done, I can fulfill the mission that Master Impotent as asked me to do,'

'Kidnap the Heart of the Apocalypse,'

~~~~~~~~

That is the last chapter that I did these break and I hope that you enjoy it, I might be a bit short compared to the other chapters that I did during my break but I am thinking about leaving it off with a bit of a cliffhanger.

*Goes into the bunker so not to get attacked by the army of angry readers that didn't like me having Lahar cut off Natsu's dragon's explanation.*

I don't own Fairy Tail

-DestinyFerrum