- Chapter Thirty-Five -

Start from the beginning

"Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun yelled as he hit him with a pillow. "Stop it! You'll mess up my hair. And if you ruin my suit, I'll freaking kill you!"

. . . .

"Are you nervous?" Yoora asked as she eyed her brother.

"No, I'm not nervous," Chanyeol said too quickly. Yoora sighed. "Why do you even try lying to me? It never works. I know you too well," Yoora said. Then, "So Chanyeol, are you nervous?"

Chanyeol sighed and muttered, "Wouldn't you be?"

Yoora smiled and turned to her brother, adjusting his shirt collar and tie, then smiled once he looked utterly perfect again. Chanyeol's suit was black, and to match Baekhyun's suit, his tie was white. Chanyeol had dyed his hair back to brown for the wedding because he didn't want the added attention of having bright red hair on top of getting married. Chanyeol, acting on instinct, shoved Yoora's hand away as he said, "Hey! Stop fiddling." Yoora frowned and smacked Chanyeol's arm, saying, "No! Stop being a baby! I'm helping you, stupid." Chanyeol sighed and rolled his eyes, dropping his arms and crossing them over his chest. Yoora pulled back and Chanyeol mumbled, "Are you done now?" Yoora just glared at him and said, "You know, if today wasn't such a special day, I'd kick you." Chanyeol gulped and said, "Love you, noona!" in a high falsetto. Yoora rolled her eyes, and then she noticed her mother gesture to her from the house, and grinning, Yoora turned back to Chanyeol and said with a beaming smile, "Okay, it's almost time. I'll tell everyone to get ready and to take their seats." Chanyeol nodded, his stomach instantly becoming a twist of nerves mixed with extreme anticipation. Chanyeol couldn't wait to hear other those two words being spoken from Baekhyun's lips.

Baekhyun's p.o.v.

Baekhyun was nervous and excited as Mr. Park lead him down the aisle. He tried not to hyperventilate as his eyes roamed over the rows and rows of occupied seats, consisting of Chanyeol's family, their friends, and some people from school they had graduated with. Baekhyun saw Jongdae, Jongin, Junmyeon among the many smiling faces. Jongdae gave Baekhyun a thumbs up from over Jongin's head, and Jongin looked momentarily annoyed before smiling at Baekhyun again. Baekhyun smiled back sheepishly.

Everything was so beautiful. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom and softly fluttered down around them in swirls of pink. But nothing was as beautiful as seeing Chanyeol standing under the alter decorated with red and white roses. Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun so brightly, never taking his eyes off him, and it sent tingling shivers down Baekhyun's spine.

Chanyeol's p.o.v.

Chanyeol was beyond happy as he watched Baekhyun walking down the aisle. He was so utterly perfect — not a hair out of place, and he smiled just as happily back at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol could hardly wait for Baekhyun to reach him — he felt so jittery — and once Baekhyun finally had, Chanyeol grabbed his hand and laced their fingers as he leaned in and kissed Baekhyun's cheek. It insisted a collective sigh from the wedding guests. Baekhyun smiled when Chanyeol leaned back and muttered for only Chanyeol's ears, "Someone's eager." Chanyeol grinned and muttered, "Of course. Today I get to call you mine forever." Baekhyun's heart warmed at Chanyeol's words, and his lips upturned even more as he murmured, "Good. Because I'm never going to let you go."

As the music came to a soft close, the minister started to speak, "Welcome, family and friends to the joining of Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun. They have prepared their own vows, so Chanyeol...." The minister gestured to Chanyeol to begin, and he did.

Chanyeol hadn't taken his eyes off Baekhyun as the minister had spoken, and clearing his throat, drawing both Baekhyun's and the guest's attention, Chanyeol began to speak. "Byun Baekhyun. I met you a little over a year ago, and the story of our first meeting isn't want one would think of considering where we are now. When I first met you, you had bumped into me in the school hallway, and for some reason I decided to be a jerk to you." Chanyeol paused to smiled sheepishly before continuing. "But later that same day, you got me back. And thank God you did, because after I just couldn't get you out of my head. We've been through so much — more than an average person — but none of those things that happened was enough to push me away. Yes, sometimes we fought, but it never lasted because Baekhyun, I believe we were meant to find each other." Baekhyun resisted the urge to cry as Chanyeol finished by saying, "And after all of that, thank you, Byun Baekhyun, for staying with me. Forever." Chanyeol said the last word every softly, for only Baekhyun's ears.