- Chapter Eighteen -

A/N: Rapture, part two of Monster, will be taking off right where Monster left off. So if anyone coming into this story hasn't read Monster first, I suggest that you do so not to confuse yourself.

Anyway, thank you to everyone who supported Monster and I hope you enjoy Rapture just as much.

Love from,
BunnyBaekkiee ❤️

————————————————————

BURNING LOVE, GROWING ADORATION, A CONSUMING ADDICTION

Baekhyun's p.o.v.

The next morning Baekhyun and Chanyeol packed their things before heading back down the mountain trail to Chanyeol's car, their weekend of peace coming to an end. They were both saddened and excited though; saddened because they didn't want to reenter to their reality, and excited because by reentering to reality meant they got to share their engagement with Chanyeol's family and their friends.

The drive back to Chanyeol's was a quiet affair as they both had their weekend still playing in their heads. As Chanyeol was driving, Baekhyun glanced down at his engagement ring and smiled. He twisted it around until the little engraved was facing him — a cursive "C". With a sigh Baekhyun leaned his head against the cool glass of the car window and closed his eyes, he felt Chanyeol grab his hand and smiled dreamily as he lightly squeezed it.

Chanyeol's p.o.v.

When Chanyeol finally pulled into the driveway, he expected Baekhyun to wake up, but he didn't. So along with their two backpacks, Chanyeol also picked up Baekhyun as Chanyeol couldn't bear to wake him up — he just looked too perfect in his sleep that Chanyeol didn't want to disturb him. Carrying Baekhyun bridal style to the house had Chanyeol smiling because not soon enough they would be married, and the thought had him overflowing with happiness.

When he had managed to get the door open, he saw his parents lounging in the front room and they looked up at him with smiles, and noticing that Baekhyun was asleep in Chanyeol's arms, they quietly said they'd ask about their trip later over dinner. Chanyeol nodded before carrying Baekhyun upstairs and gently laying him on the bed. He carefully took off Baekhyun's boots and jeans because he knew how Baekhyun hated to sleep in his jeans. Then he lightly picked up Baekhyun, supporting his back and head like an infant as he grabbed the hem of Baekhyun's shirt and slide it over his head before replacing it with a clean, much warmer T-shirt. Chanyeol lightly placed Baekhyun's head back on the pillow and covered him with their blanket before gathering clean clothes and taking a quick shower.

When Chanyeol walked out of the bathroom, he saw that Baekhyun was holding Chanyeol's pillow to his face and hugging it. Chanyeol smiled as he sat down on the bed and carefully pulled it out from beneath Baekhyun's cheek and replacing himself with the pillow, causing Baekhyun to sigh in his sleep and wrap an arm around Chanyeol's waist as he snuggled closer. Chanyeol brushed back Baekhyun's hair with his fingers and kissed his forehead before lightly wrapping his own arm around Baekhyun and pulling him close. Chanyeol fell asleep cradling Baekhyun in his arms, with his cheek pressed to Baekhyun's soft hair that smelled like strawberries and mangos, a scent Chanyeol had grown to love so much.

Later that evening, around six or so, Chanyeol was awoken by a sweet touch. Sleepily opening his eyes he glanced up and saw Baekhyun staring down at him, as one of his fingers lightly brushing along Chanyeol's cheek. Chanyeol smiled tiredly as he clasped the hand Baekhyun had been tracing Chanyeol's skin with and kissed his palm before mumbling a tired, "Hey."