- Chapter Twenty-Four -

HEALING BY LOVE
[Mature]

Baekhyun's p.o.v.

Baekhyun couldn't tear his eyes away from Yixing's body, even when he saw the swarm of police officers dressed in protective gear approaching him and cutting the twist ties from his wrists. He didn't hear them when one of them knelt down in front of him and started to ask questions that vaguely sounded like, "Are you Byun Baekhyun?" and "Are you okay?" as well as "Can you hear me?"

Baekhyun just couldn't focus for his eyes and mind were only watching one thing. Yixing . . . and Death.

The room was instantly coated in a layer of ice and frost as Death slowly approached the body and swept a cloaked arm over the top of him. Baekhyun watched in utter fascination, utter horror, as Death pressed a skeletal hand against Yixing's body, stilling his after death movements. Then trailing his fingers along Yixing's stomach up to his throat and to his mouth, where Baekhyun saw a pulsing light slip out through Yixing's lips and into Death's eager palm.

As Death placed the ball of light into his cloak, Baekhyun suddenly realized what it was — Yixing's soul. Death turned to Baekhyun then, his eyes black orbs of nothing and his teeth nothing but dull points, and then as Death turned to leave, Baekhyun suddenly realized that he was free. He wouldn't be taunted or tricked by Death's games anymore because he had finally gotten what he wanted — a soul.

Then Baekhyun was snapping back to the present when he heard that beautifully deep familiar voice that filled him with an intense desire to ran to him. But Baekhyun couldn't move because the damage Yixing had done to his leg, so Baekhyun had to settle for waiting for him to reach him first before Baekhyun could throw his arms around him and bury his face in his neck as he sobbed and repeatedly apologized.

Chanyeol's p.o.v.

Chanyeol held Baekhyun tightly to his chest without hurting him as he murmured, "Oh my God, Baekhyun, you're safe! He didn't kill you...."

Baekhyun buried his face in Chanyeol's neck and held onto Chanyeol just as tightly as he whispered, "How did you find me?"

"I didn't. Yixing broke into my house and shot me with a tranquilizer before bringing me here."

"Yixing kidnapped you too?" Baekhyun whispered with tears in his eyes. "Oh Chanyeol, I'm so sorry about everything that's happened to you. If you'd never of met me—"

Chanyeol cut Baekhyun off with a kiss as he murmured, "If we'd never of met, I never would have been given the chance to love you. No matter what, I'll never regret meeting you, Byun Baekhyun, and I'll love you forever."

"Chan—" Baekhyun started to say, but then was stopped by a violent cough that had him gasping and sputtering up blood. It dripped from Baekhyun's chin as he weakly gasped, "C-Chanyeol, it—it hurts." Then Baekhyun collapsed into Chanyeol's arms, his head lolling back on his neck as his eyes fluttered shut.

"Baekhyun!" Chanyeol yelled as an EMT took Baekhyun from Chanyeol's arms and placed him on a gurney. Chanyeol watched numbly as he was pushed from the building, then coming back to his senses, Chanyeol quickly ran after them.

. . . .

Chanyeol's p.o.v.

Chanyeol hated the hospital, and would be content if he never had to go back for the rest of his life. He was lying in Baekhyun's hospital bed with him as Chanyeol's parents and sister sat silently in chairs around the room. Baekhyun was still unconscious from his surgery; it turned out he had a broken leg, and three fractured and bruised ribs, one of which had punctured Baekhyun's right lung resulting in the horrifying scene before in the basement.