- Chapter Twenty-Nine -

REPERCUSSIONS AND CONSEQUENCES
[Mature]

Baekhyun's p.o.v.

The morning after the trial, a dark cloud followed Baekhyun — it formed the moment he entered the school grounds. Everyone had heard about Byun Baekhyun's father's court trial. Everyone had heard what he said — everyone had believed what he said.

Chanyeol protected him when they had the same classes, but when Baekhyun was left to defend himself he wasn't always as successful. He was sitting in class in the back of the room near a window, his head resting in his folded arms as he listened to the whispering voices around him. Baekhyun glanced up to meet the stares he could feel on his back and glared at all of them; they looked away with gasps and whispered words. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and shoved away from his desk. He's had enough of this. Everyone turned to look at him, even his teacher stopped teaching to listen to what Baekhyun had to say, which was simply, "Everyone here was informed wrong. I'm in a loving relationship with Park Chanyeol, and we're engaged. I'm not a slut, so you can stop your speculations," and with that, Baekhyun left the room.

He was frustrated so decided to take a walk around the school grounds, when rounding a corner he suddenly tripped and landed with a gasp of pain onto the ground, puffs of dirt blowing up around him. Baekhyun winced and brushed off his hands as he got to his feet and looked up to meet the eyes of the people who had tripped him. It was a group of four boys, and every single one of them was smirking as they watched Baekhyun like he was some kind of toy for them to play with. Baekhyun gulped as he took a step back and bumped against something hard as stone, that quickly grabbed his wrists and said, "Yah! Where do you think your going?" Baekhyun's insides twisted horribly as he tried wrenching free, but the hands holding him were too strong and he was just wasting his strength.

One of the boys in front of him stepped forward and grabbed Baekhyun's chin as he mused, "So, you like it in fields, do you?" Baekhyun gasped and tried jerking free again as he spat, "Only idiots believe everything they hear!" The boy sharply slapped Baekhyun's cheek, knocking his head to the side, and the boy grabbed Baekhyun's chin again and turned his head back as he hissed, "Are you stupid?" He laughed, then continued to say, "No wonder you had to sell your body." Baekhyun clenched his teeth and saw red as he sneered, "Fucking asshole!" and back kicked the boy holding onto him in his private area, causing him to drop onto the ground with a groan as Baekhyun swiftly punched the kid in front of him in the jaw then took off running. Both boys cried out in pain as the other three chased after Baekhyun.

Baekhyun could see a building entrance not too far away, and pushed himself to run faster when suddenly one of the boys caught him around the waist and pushed him to the ground. Baekhyun landed on his arm and groaned in pain, one of the boys was bending down, about to say something when someone punched him in the side of the face.

Baekhyun gasped and quickly looked at the person, then gasped in surprise when he  saw . . . Sehun! Sehun punched another one of the boys, and whimpering, they ran away back to their friends that Baekhyun had beat up. Baekhyun stared up at Sehun in shock, then shaking himself out of his daze he said, "Sehun . . . you just saved me." Sehun shrugged sheepishly and said, "Yah. It's better than drowning you." Baekhyun rolled his eyes and muttered, "It'd be in your best interest not to make me angry right now, Sehun." Baekhyun's voice was cold, and in reply Sehun gulped and mumbled, "Sorry." Baekhyun sighed and held out a hand, Sehun pulled him up. Sighing again, Baekhyun brushed off his jeans and winced when the rough fabric stung his scrapped up palms. Baekhyun's jeans, along with the dirt, also had holes in the knees. "Yah. Sehun? Are holes a good look for me?" Baekhyun asked jokingly because if he couldn't find humor in it, he'd scream. Sehun pursed his lips and studied Baekhyun for a moment before saying, "I honestly think you could wear an old potato sack with mold on it and still manage to pull it off." Baekhyun laughed and muttered, "Thanks, Sehun, not about the moldy potato sack part but the underlying meaning." Sehun laughed and muttered, "No problem, Baek. So, are you going to tell Chanyeol?"