- Chapter Twenty-One -

A NIGHT OF HORROR

3rd p.o.v.

When everyone had started to get tired and the night started to turn into tomorrow, Chanyeol and Baekhyun hugged their friends goodbye and wished them a safe drive home. With a sigh Baekhyun dropped his forehead against Chanyeol's back with a huff and mumbled, "Is it just me, or are you really tired too?" Chanyeol chuckled and turned around, he draped his arms over Baekhyun's shoulders as he said, "No, I'm tired too, and we still have to clean up!" Chanyeol whined as he dropped his forehead against Baekhyun's shoulder and moved his arms down to Baekhyun's waist. "Would it be so bad if we waited until tomorrow to clean up?" Chanyeol murmured.

Baekhyun rubbed Chanyeol's back and kissed the top of his head as he murmured, "But if we do everything tonight we can just relax tomorrow."

"Ugh, I hate when your right," Chanyeol groaned as he stood back up and kissed Baekhyun's forehead. "Okay, we'll do it your way." Baekhyun kissed Chanyeol's cheek and murmured, "Meet upstairs when everything's done?" Chanyeol looked down at Baekhyun almost hungrily as he said, "Oh hell yeah," and roughly kissed Baekhyun's lips, inciting a moan from the latter. They kissed for awhile longer before pulling apart, both breathing heavy from the kiss, and in response Baekhyun huskily murmured, "Okay, diffidently going to continue that . . ." Chanyeol lightly laughed and kissed Baekhyun's forehead before going to collect all the garbage as Baekhyun went to put away the food.

Baekhyun's p.o.v.

As Baekhyun was wrapping and putting things into containers, he felt two hands lightly touch his waist, grinning, Baekhyun turned around as he said, "Weren't we going to continue that kiss upstairs . . .?" Then Baekhyun bit his bottom lip and grinned. "Chanyeol, why are you wearing your mask? That's just kinky," Baekhyun said with a laugh. But when Chanyeol didn't reply with anything in return, Baekhyun became confused and murmured, "Chanyeol?" just as he saw the glint of something metallic-like in his right hand. Then Baekhyun said, "You're not Chanyeol," before he sharply punched the intruder's jaw and took off through the back of the kitchen.

Baekhyun didn't know what to do. He couldn't call for Chanyeol because he didn't want Chanyeol getting hurt, but what would Chanyeol do if Baekhyun got hurt?

There was a click and a sharp Bang! from behind Baekhyun, and at the sound of the click he had ducked, . . . but he hadn't been fast enough. The bullet sliced through Baekhyun's left shoulder, the impact knocking him to the floor. He cried out from the pain and turned around onto his back. There was no where for him to go — he had turned down a hallway with only bedrooms and Chanyeol's parents office — and the way he had come was being blocked by the intruder. Then slowly they lifted their hand, the one without the gun, and unzipped the mask from the back before pulling it off. Baekhyun's insides chilled and his body went numb.

How did he find me? Baekhyun thought. Why can't he leave me alone?

3rd p.o.v.

Yixing smiled down at Baekhyun with a sickly grin as he asked, "Baekkie, why don't you look happy to see me? I'm wearing the same costume as your boyfriend. Can't that be enough?"

Baekhyun was having a hard time controlling his breathing, and he couldn't even feel the burn in his left shoulder anymore because the adrenaline coursing through his body was enough to overshadow it. "Yixing," Baekhyun said calmly. "I'm not going to tell you twice. Get . . . out!" An with that Baekhyun was lunging at Yixing, completely ignoring the gun aimed at his head as he tackled Yixing around the waist and threw him to the floor. The gun was knocked out of Yixing's hand as they went crashing to the floor and Baekhyun punched him in the face.

Yixing shook off the blow and hit Baekhyun's bullet wound, causing him to gasp and his vision to momentary spot as Yixing grabbed Baekhyun around the waist and pinned him to the floor. As Yixing was pressing him knees onto Baekhyun's hands, there was another clicking sound behind them.

Flickering his eyes up, Baekhyun saw Chanyeol standing behind them with the gun aimed at Yixing's head. "Yixing," Chanyeol said in his most deadly voice. "Let . . . him . . . go."

"Just shoot him!" Baekhyun hissed.

"Yeah, just shoot me!" Yixing taunted. "And your precious Baekhyun will die too." Then Baekhyun saw the knife Yixing pulled from his pocket as he whispered, "Remember this? The EMT's forgot it on the beach when they pulled it from your stomach. Now wouldn't it just be so ironic if this knife were to be plunged into you again, but this time, it actually killed you?" Yixing laughed as he turned around to look at Chanyeol and said, "See this lover boy?" Yixing pressed the blade against Baekhyun's throat, and Baekhyun instantly held his breath, afraid to move even the slightest inch. "If you try anything, I'll kill him, and then you'll most likely kill me." Then Yixing's grin grew even wider as he continued by saying, "But what if I told you I was already here, that earlier when you and Baekkie here where getting dressed, I spiked the punch with something other than alcohol? What would you do then, lover boy, knowing either way he's going to die, as well as yourself and everyone else who drank it?"

"You son of a bitch!" Chanyeol hissed.

"Oh, watch your language," Yixing said maniacally as he pressed the blade harder to Baekhyun's throat, cutting a thin line into his skin. Baekhyun whimpered against the slight sting and the fact that he could do nothing. "You don't want me to be forced to cut out Baekhyun's tongue for your mistake do you?" Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun in horror before saying, "No." Yixing smiled. "Good then, now lover boy, give me the gun," Yixing said as he held out his hand. Chanyeol obediently placed the gun in Yixing's palm as he continued by saying, "Now boys, why don't we move this reunion to the living room?" Yixing got off Baekhyun but kept the knife on his throat as Baekhyun carefully stood up, and the gun trained on Chanyeol as Yixing told them to start walking.

Yixing instructed Chanyeol to sit in the chair and for Baekhyun to sit on the couch. "Okay," Yixing began. "Baekhyun, I'm only doing all of this because your father paid me very heavily and he was a little upset when I didn't follow through on my word. So this, is me redeeming myself so to speak. And Chanyeol, I have nothing against you, you just happened to fall in love with the wrong person and now you're having to pay the price with him." Then Yixing crouched down and lightly pressed the tip of the blade to Baekhyun's throat as he lifted his other arm and aimed the gun at Chanyeol. "Who should go first?" Yixing asked Baekhyun with a grin just as a loud Bang! filled the air. Baekhyun screamed and instantly looked at Chanyeol, fearing the worst, but Chanyeol wasn't hurt or bleeding, and his eyes glanced up to meet Baekhyun's just as the front door bursted open and the air was filled with shouts of "Drop the gun and get on the ground!" Yixing shot a nasty sneer Chanyeol's way, who defiantly looked back at him, then Yixing took off running through the back of the house, and a few of the officers went chasing after him as Chanyeol quickly told them about Yixing poisoning the punch.

. . . .

Baekhyun's p.o.v.

Baekhyun was having the bullet wound on his arm stitched up when Chanyeol rushed into the room saying excitedly, "Baekhyun, they got the results back from the blood work they did! Yixing had been lying, he didn't poison the punch!" Baekhyun felt tears pooling in his eyes, and when the doctor told Baekhyun he had finished stitching his arm, Baekhyun leapt from the chair and bounded into Chanyeol's arms as he tightly locked his arms around Chanyeol's neck. Chanyeol lifted Baekhyun up, and Baekhyun wrapped his legs around Chanyeol's waist as he showered his face with kisses and Chanyeol tangled his hand into Baekhyun's hair, holding him close.

After a moment Baekhyun got back on his feet as he pulled back and whispered, "Do you think they'll catch Yixing? But he managed to escape again so it feels like they never will . . ."

Chanyeol hugged Baekhyun close as he whispered, "They'll catch him, Baek."

"But how do you know?" Baekhyun whispered. "Because they have to catch him," Chanyeol whispered. "There has to be justice and order. Yixing won't get away with what he did. I won't let him, Baekhyun."

"Thank you, Chanyeol," Baekhyun whispered. "And I'm sorry that I kept putting you in danger. I love you, but when you love someone you're not suppose to put them in harms way, and that's all I seem to be doing. So I'm sorry, Chanyeol, you should be with someone who doesn't put you in danger."

Chanyeol furrowed his brow and said, "Baekhyun, don't you realize I don't care about any of that. I want you, good and bad. I love you, Baekhyun, and I'd do anything for you." Baekhyun had tears in his eyes as he whispered, "But I don't want you getting hurt."

"And I don't want you getting hurt, but then I can't seem to do anything to stop it when you do. But I'll try harder, Baekhyun. I will protect you," Chanyeol promised.

"Chanyeol, I can't have you getting hurt," Baekhyun repeated, then he glanced down at his engagement ring and lightly touched it. He loved his ring and he loved the one who gave it to him, but he couldn't see that person getting hurt anymore just because he loved him. Yixing had been right, Chanyeol did fall in love with the wrong person. Baekhyun took off the ring, and he couldn't meet Chanyeol's eyes as he said, "I love you too much to see you get hurt, and tonight proved that you're not safe. Chanyeol, I can't be with you until I know it's safe — I can't allow myself to love you until I know it's safe. Please, don't hate me," Baekhyun whispered as he dropped the ring into Chanyeol's hand and left without looking at him.

Chanyeol's p.o.v.

Chanyeol felt frozen. He couldn't move, and he couldn't seem to comprehend what had just happened. But when it finally sunk in, he felt himself breaking. He felt himself crumbling. He felt himself dying.

————————————————————

Author's Notes

Hello, my lovely readers!

*sighs*

Is anyone else all weepy? Sorry for making Yixing such a butt in this fanfic. 😖 I hope everyone is enjoying it none the less. Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote, comment, and share with your friends.

Anyway, until next time.... 🌸🌸

Love from,
BunnyBaekkiee ❤️