- Chapter Nineteen -

JUST FOR YOU

3rd p.o.v.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol kept getting stared at as they walked to their classes or sat together in their classes, and when they weren't together they couldn't help but think about each other. It was when they were in gym class, their four friends surrounding them, that Kyungsoo finally said, "Why are you guys being so fucking weird? There's something different about you two and I can't figure it out . . .?"

Baekhyun glanced up at Chanyeol and gripped his left hand tighter before glancing at the four pairs of curious eyes. "What do you think?" Chanyeol muttered, glancing down at Baekhyun. "Should we tell them now, or wait so they can suffer?" Baekhyun pursed his lips in contemplation and mused, "Hmm, maybe we should let them suffer...."

"Byun fucking Baekhyun, what are you not telling us!?" Kyungsoo demanded with a shout. Some students turned and looked at them curiously, wondering what all the yelling was about. Baekhyun crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes as he said, "Oh, then now maybe we won't tell you." Luhan pouted and said, "Aw, Baek, no tell us!" Baekhyun bit his lip and turned his face into Chanyeol's shoulder, and peeked up at Chanyeol as he murmured, "Chan, you tell them." Chanyeol smiled and kissed Baekhyun's forehead and murmured against his skin, "Okay, Baek."

Baekhyun turned his face from Chanyeol's arm and resting his cheek there instead as Chanyeol began to say, "So, this weekend I—I proposed."

Baekhyun and Chanyeol watched as all four of their jaws dropped. Sehun, Luhan, Jongin, and Kyungsoo all stared at them with expressions ranging from shock (Sehun), to excitement (Luhan), to disbelief (Jongin), and a mixture of happiness and shock (Kyungsoo).

Luhan was the first to snap out of his daze as he asked excitedly, "So, when is the wedding?"

"In May of next year," Baekhyun said. "After we've graduated," Chanyeol added, and Baekhyun nodded.

Kyungsoo was the next to break from his trance as he jerked forward and gave them both a big hug. "Congratulations, you two," he said. "Thank you, Kyungsoo," Baekhyun and Chanyeol both said, and both of them grinned.

Jongin congratulated them next, and then the only one left was Sehun. He was looking at his feet, his hands stuffed into his pockets. Luhan nudged him, causing Sehun to glance up, and he did so with a frown as he said, "I'm truly happy for both of you, and Chanyeol, you've been my friend for so long, and Baekhyun . . . Can you ever forgive me?"

Baekhyun blinked at Sehun, then glanced up at Chanyeol. It's been approximately three an half months since Sehun threw him into the pool, and every time Baekhyun's been near Sehun since then, he had to admit, he had started to grow on him. But Baekhyun still wasn't ready to forgive him, but he was willing to do something else as he said, "No, Sehun, I can't forgive you yet" — Sehun's face had began to fall, but then Baekhyun continued by saying — "but I'm willing to be your friend." Sehun's face instantly split into the brightest smile as he said, "Thank you, Baekhyun, and I'd hug you, but I know you'd probably punch me so . . ." Baekhyun laughed as he said, "Good choice, Sehun, and you're welcome. Eventually I'll forgive you though, I just can't do it yet." Sehun nodded, "I understand."

The rest of gym class went by smoothly, Baekhyun and Chanyeol had a battle of dodge ball with their friends. The game started out innocent, like all of them usually do, but when Jongin accidental threw the ball too hard and smacked Baekhyun in the forehead, causing him to fall backwards onto his butt and groan from the pain, Chanyeol had retaliated by throwing a ball at Jongin's face. Chanyeol's actions had then incited a war because Kyungsoo instantly defended his boyfriend by throwing his own ball as he yelled, "Chanyeol, you pabo! He hit Baek on accident!"

"Yah! Stop hitting me!" Chanyeol cried as Kyungsoo threw another ball and hit Chanyeol's shoulder. "Make me you giant freaking, Yoda!" Kyungsoo yelled in reply.

"Yah! Freaking penguin!" Chanyeol shouted.

"Freaking Yoda!" Kyungsoo yelled back.

Chanyeol ran away from Kyungsoo as he threw another ball and hit Chanyeol in the back. Chanyeol half-fell half-landed on the floor as he hide behind Baekhyun and wrapped his arms around Baekhyun's petite waist and buried his head in the crook of Baekhyun's neck. Baekhyun giggled at Chanyeol's behavior as Chanyeol cried, "Baek, protect me!" Baekhyun turned his head and kissed Chanyeol cheek before turning back to Kyungsoo and saying, "Kyungsoo, can you take a raincheck on your desire to beat up my fiancé? I kinda like his face." Chanyeol jabbed Baekhyun in the side for that, causing Baekhyun to yelp and jump before laughing. Chanyeol pulled his face from Baekhyun's neck, but only enough to kiss along his jaw and whisper in his ear, "I'll get you back for that, Byun." Baekhyun grinned and muttered, "Bring it on, Park," before he turned his head and touched Chanyeol's cheek, holding his face close as he kissed him.