Chapter 19: Missing You

Start from the beginning

-

A slight breeze blew past me as I closed my door, making my way into the fast-food restaurant. I wrapped my arms around my waist as I made my way inside where I was greeted by Jack and Jack.

"Emelia! Over here." Jack J shouted over from the booth, causing some people to stare at me.

My heart rate increased a little as I looked down at my feet, making my way to the booth and sliding in on the opposite side of them.

"Hi." I breathed.

"How are you?" Jack G asked, putting down his phone on the table.

I nodded, "I'm okay."

"That's good.." He smiled briefly.

"I'll go order, what do you guys want?" Jack J asked, sliding out the booth and standing up.

Jack G told him his order and I decided to just get the same thing since I wasn't that hungry. I lowered my head once he left to order, playing with my fingers and examining my white chipped fingernail polish. My wavy hair covered my face, not really knowing what to say.

"So Emelia, how's everything going?" Jack G asked, trying to make conversation.

I lifted my head a little, looking up at him briefly through my eyelashes, "Okay."

He chuckled, "Please don't do that."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Do what?"

"Look up at me through your eyelashes, my ex used to do that when she wanted something." He explained, picking up and gingerly dropping his phone on the table.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I bit my lip,

He shook his head, "Nah, it's cool. Gotta get over her someday right?"

I nodded, "I guess, I don't know how that feels."

His eyes widen a little, "You've never had a boyfriend?"

I shook my head, feeling myself turn red from embarrassment. I lowered my eyes, playing with the loose thread on my light denim ripped skinny jeans.

"Are you serious?" He inquired.

"Why is that so shocking?" I asked a little defensive.

"No it's just-" he paused, licking his lips, "You're really beautiful and I just expected guys to flirt with you a lot." He explained.

I smiled softly, still not making eye contact, "You couldn't be more wrong." I sighed.

"Plus you seem like a really cool girl." He added.

"I stand corrected." I chuckled, shaking my head.

"What do you mean?" He asked a little confused.

I raised my head, "Boys don't even talk to me and I don't associate myself with the word cool." I shrugged, pursing my lips to the side as I bounced my leg up and down; a nervous or anxious tick.

"Well being a boy, I can assure you that some of us are either dicks that only want sex, really shy, or feel like some girls are out of our league so we tend not to approach them often." He smiled.

I turned my attention on him fully, a smirk played across both our lips as we finally made eye contact, "And which one defines you?" I asked, leaning forward.

"Well right now," he raised his noticeably plucked eyebrow, "probably the second and third one."

I let out an involuntary laugh, "Why are you shy and if anything you're out my league."