goodnight n go (college au)

Start from the beginning

"Then it should be a good thing we're not them." His comment cheers me up for bit before it's quiet again.

I'm glad I get to have moments with Peter where it's silent, it's the comfortable silence that still feels like he's right next to me. A random question pops up in my head, "You think we'll get married, Peter Kavinsky?"

"Yeah, why not? I told you, Covey, only you." Peter continues, "Also, when we get married, I'm gonna start calling you, Kavinsky!"

Lara Jean Covey Kavinsky. My hand clasps against my mouth to stop me from giggling too loud. "You sure like to plan for the future."

"Our future." He says as the dorm door opens.

Chris cringes and sips on her soda cup. "You guys are annoying."

"Hey Christine." Peter greets on the phone before Chris rolls her eyes.

"Be nice, please." I whisper to Chris.

She sighs. "Hey Grant." I laugh for a second until Chris excuses herself to take a shower.

"Your best friend is something else."

I lift up my blanket and cover myself quickly. "And my boyfriend is something else. I'm going to sleep now."

"I just got to the dorm so goodnight Lara Jean."

"Sweet dreams, Peter."

"Dream about me, Covey." I say nothing else and hang up the phone. Little does Peter know that with an imaginative mind like mine... Of course I'm gonna dream about him. 

____

I was close to having a heart attack on my way back home to Virginia. I really need to get used to driving in the highway if I wanted to come back and forth from North Carolina to Virginia.

It was night time when I arrive. I go upstairs to find Kitty fast asleep while Dad was still at work. I kiss her on the forehead before I go to my room.

I almost die on the spot when I hear a knock on the door. I look out my window to see no cars outside except for mine. Knock knock knock. I run downstairs just so Kitty wouldn't wake up.

I peak out the living room window and raise my eyebrow. How is he here? "Oh my god! Peter, how'd you get here?"

"No hi? I love you? How are you?" Peter asks frowning to himself.

I kiss him quick before he flashes me a smile. "Hi, I love you and how'd you get here again?"

"I left my car a block away so no one in the house would hear. Also, I thought your dad would be home by now." Peter says while we go inside to the kitchen.

"Yeah, but it's nearly 1 am. How are you still awake on a school night?"

"I was checking up on Kitty since I didn't see your dads car." Peter continues and shrugs to himself, "And because my girlfriend didn't tell me she was coming home early."

"I was supposed to surprise you after your class tomorrow."

"Really?"

I nod and cross my arms. "Now you ruined the surprise."

"Don't say that... You and I know that you secretly wanted to see me. Lara Jean, I see your car outside." He pulls me to him and wraps his arms around my waist.

"You did?"

"I really thought I was going crazy for a second."

I punch his shoulder softly since he wasn't supposed to be doing this. "Well you weren't and you're crazy right now for coming here on a school night."

"Maybe I'm just crazy in love?" A blush creeps on my cheeks when I he says it while staring right at me.

I try to get out his hold, but he continues to squeeze me. "Peter Kavinsky, go back to school."

"I can't. I didn't get my goodnight kiss yet." I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss both his cheeks.

"Go to school."

"You owe me!"

"Tomorrow, but text me when you get home."

I start to walk him out the door. "Okay, love you."

"I love you too, now go." I lean against the door and watch him walk from my front porch to the yard. Before he's out of sight, he calls my name and blows me air kisses. "Goodnight!"

"Goodnight, Lara Jean!"

My weekend goes by fast until I have to go back to UNC. Peter and I took Kitty to the carnival downtown which was better than I could imagine.

"Thanks for tonight."

"Anytime, Covey." I can almost feel Peter staring at me, but I'm too shy to look at him. I don't want to turn into another blushing tomato. I sneak a glance at him and he is indeed looking right at me. "Hey, where's my goodnight kiss?"

I place a chaste kiss on his lips considering the fact that Dad was home and he might be watching the both of us. "Call me when your at the rest stops and when you arrive at school, okay?"

I nod at his request before he hugs me one last time. Peter walks straight to his car without looking back at me.

"Hey Kavinsky!" I watch Peter turn around while I run back into his arms. "I'm gonna miss you."

He gives my lips a quick peck. "I'm gonna miss you too Covey, but I'll see you in three weeks."

"How do you act so cool when we always say goodbye?"

"Because I know you're mine and I'm yours." Peter explains and I almost feel tears threatening to come out of my eyes.

I wrap my arms around him tighter. "Only you." I love him so much it hurts.

I feel him kiss my forehead and chuckles a reply, "Only you, too."