"ten"

❛ time of death. ❜

𝐋𝐢𝐚𝐦 𝐃𝐮𝐧𝐛𝐚𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧

𝐋𝐢𝐚𝐦 𝐃𝐮𝐧𝐛𝐚𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧. The boy still hadn't heard from the girl he had developed feelings for, and once he saw her at Scott's house the next day, he couldn't help but flush slightly when he saw her even though she had ditched him the other day. Oblivious to the boy's feelings, however, was Nova.

She had spent the rest of the other night with her parents, and she was going to keep a still recovering Braeden company, but when Derek began kissing her mom in front of her, she soon decided to take up Scott's offer of helping to find the benefactor. This was now why she was currently at the McCalls residence and complaining, yet again.

The blonde hated technology, sure she was obsessed with her phone and keeping up with celebrities lives, but when it came to the mechanical side of things, she had no clue what was going on. Something which wasn't exactly helpful to the pack as when they huddled around the table to computers placed on the McCall households kitchen table, the blonde told them how idiotic their plan of pretending Scott was dead to find the benefactor.

"Is three enough?" Kira nervously questioned when she finally looked away from Nova, who was sitting comfortably on the kitchen counter with a tub of cookie dough ice cream in one hand and a spoon in the other. It wasn't that the siren wasn't nervous that something could go wrong, but as she trusted the pack immensely so, she decided to calm her nerves with her favourite snack.

"Depends on how many cameras they have. But I think so." Stiles sighed ever so slightly as he, Kira, Scott and Liam looked over the three Apple MacBooks that sat on top of the dining room table. The werewolf had come up with a plan to get the evil creature to them, which meant that Kira's mom had to 'kill' him for a few hours until something happened.

Nova thought it was a horrible plan so instead of watching the whole ordeal go on, once they had moved up to the boy's bedroom, she sat on the stairs restlessly waiting to be told what to do next. What slightly gave her a shock was when there was a sudden presence next to her, but she soon calmed down her racing heart when she saw Liam.

"How are you so calm about all of this?" The boy exclaimed after a few moments of silence. Internally the new werewolf was freaking out massively and had to leave the room once they spoke about what could go wrong and be the end of Scott.

However, when he saw the calm and collected girl sitting on the stairs, he soon made his way over there as she was the only thing that sort of made sense in his life right now.

"To be honest with you, I'm not. But it's kind of like when you get an injection. It hurts less if you don't look." Nova confessed as she looked down her heeled boots as if they were the most exciting thing in the world. On the outside, the blonde Hale always looked confident and ready for anything, but when it came to her friends and family being in danger, the teen felt like she couldn't breathe.

The two looked at each other before Nova leaned in slightly. Liam's face was red at how close he was to the girl who he had kissed before. Even though the blonde didn't count it as a proper first kiss, she also felt an attraction to the boy sitting next to her. So without thinking, Nova promptly leaned in closer and moved her hand to rest on his jaw.

She knew it wasn't the best of time, but she needed to feel something other than sadness when she thought about Scott possibly dying. The blonde then pressed her soft lips against his slightly chapped ones in a sweet and gentle union but soon regretted wearing lip gloss as she could already feel them sticking together slightly.

However, Liam didn't seem to mind as he slowly moved his hand just behind the girl to rest on her upper back. The kiss didn't last long, but it felt as the two had made an unknown connection as they pulled away with massive smiles on their faces. But as always, someone had to ruin their moment, and this time it was Stiles awkwardly standing there gaping at the two teens he had just watched kiss.

"You really do pick your moments, don't you, Nova."

The teen's face's flushed red, and Nova's blushing face wouldn't leave. Even when she had departed from Liam and now stood at Beacon Hills hospitals basement with Chris Argent, and unfortunately for her, Stiles wouldn't stop talking about what he had seen go on between the two.

Originally Nova was supposed to go with Kira and Liam, but the Stilinski boy insisted she came with him as he felt rather protective over the younger girl he saw as a little sister. The siren had gotten slightly irritated with the constant questions about her relationship, but once he began to talk about their sex life - which was nonexistent as the two hardly knew each other - Nova snapped.

"Stiles, we are not having the sex talk right now, and if I wanted your opinion on my relationship status, I would've asked. But I didn't, so just so you remember, if you don't shut up, my dad will kill you if I ask him nicely enough." This quickly quietened the boy and got a small snort out of the Argent man who had just finished sending the benefactor a message to say that Scott was 'dead'.

The two men then carried on with their plan while Nova was left alone in the basement looking at a laptop which Stiles considered a 'punishment' for kissing Liam. The blonde found the whole thing ridiculous, but once Stiles had threatened to tell Derek about the entire ordeal, she gladly waited in the small, dark room and watched the security footage closely.

After looking at the screen that hadn't changed, the girl swiftly grabbed a stool and made herself comfortable. She had also brought some Twizzlers that her mom had been obsessed with lately. Along with pickles that the blonde wouldn't be caught dead eating.

However, as the girl was mid-bite, suddenly everything went black. The screen in front of her closed and the lights above her turned off. Nova rushed to grab her phone but was too late as a hand from behind her beat her to it. The siren quickly turned around only to be face to face with Kate freaking Argent.

The last time she had seen the woman was when she got knocked out unconscious at Scott's house, and let's say that the blonde still wasn't over it as Nova quickly looked into the evil woman's eyes and promptly mumbled out the words "leave."

But nothing happened. No ring around Kates' eyes to show it worked. She didn't move an inch away from the girl and only stood there with a smirk on her face as she watched the sirens face drain of colour.

"Its happening," Kate muttered out as she looked over the girl who now stood there in fright. Nova knew all about the Argent woman's horrible antics and was beyond terrified when she realised her siren power hadn't worked on her like it hadn't with Liam.

"Your powers. You're losing them."

"Do you know what sirens are meant to do, Nova? They're designed to be dangerous creatures, who lure people in with their enchanting voice and kill them," The older woman carried on. Nova was frozen in her spot but still listened to every single word the werejaguar said.

"But you've never killed anyone, have you, Nova. And if you want your powers back, that's what you're going to have to do. You're going to have to kill someone."

o. 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫..