"twenty eight"

❛ family ties. ❜

𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐭

𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐭. His looks and attitude were exactly the same as when he was taken to Eichen House over six months ago.

He hadn't had a single visitor since his incarceration. Naturally, both Morgan and Derek wanted nothing to do with the man who had used their daughter for his own advantage. But Nova had no other choice, and she just hoped she didn't regret what she was going to ask of him. 

The cell was small. Split into two rooms, the first only having a small wooden chair in the corner, which was covered in dust. Within Peters's cell, it was decorated sparsely. Its only contents were a toilet, sink and bed, all of which were bolted to the wall, with no sheets or pillow included.

Once inside, the sole thing that separated the two relatives was the reinforced glass, with small holes for airflow and a slit for food being the only gaps. Nova took slow steps towards the man, gently dragging the chair towards where he stood in his prison-like cell, sitting herself down once her uncle had done the same opposite her on his bed.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, my dear?" The man asked curiously, as he hadn't had a single visit or letter from his family since the accident. Nova sighed gently as she felt the familiar warmth stretch over her body at being around the man she used to say she would do anything for.

"You were right. I'm treated differently, but they, they aren't." The blonde almost whispered. Peter was quick to hide his smirk at the girl's confession as he knew sooner or later she would come to him for help with what he had tried to succeed in all those months ago. She was a Hale, after all. And the deep-rooted desire to succeed and be independent ran deep through their veins.

"So you came to your good old uncle Pete for advice on how to pull off your first kill; I would say go for that annoying human boy first as he's an easy target-" The older man started as he thought the girl had wanted to become a siren again. But he was quickly cut off by the blonde, who scowled at him intensely.

"No, god, I'm not killing anyone; I'm not a psycho like you. I need an alpha... I need, I need you to bite me."

The room went quiet. A pin could be heard above the silence, and Nova didn't realise she was holding her breath until her lungs began to burn slightly. But it seemed as if Peter was in deep thought, as he didn't say a word which prompted the girl to carry on her persuasion to be a werewolf like her family.

"I just hate being the delusional blonde girl nobody trusts to look after herself. Please, uncle Peter, I need this-." She pleaded, almost getting on her knees to prove her point. But it was her who was interrupted this time as the Hale man finally spoke his thoughts.

"Yes."

"Yes?" Nova immediately repeated, as she didn't exactly know what the man meant by his one-word answer.

"I'll change you... but under one condition." Peter calmly stated as he looked at the girl whose eyes had doubled in size at the man's quick agreement to what Scott wouldn't do. And it was the girl's silence which made him resume.

"You have to visit me once a week - for at least an hour. You let me know how your mom, Derek and the baby are. And we just talk." The Werewolf continued, soon standing and going over to his niece for the first time since their visit.

"That's all? No ulterior murdery motives you always seem to have." Nova inquired once she had found her voice after the revelation. Peter could sense the blonde was still weary even though she had come to him for help in the first place.

"You don't turn your back on family, even when they do." The man said as he placed his hand on the glass separating the two. That was all the reassurance Nova seemed to need as she quickly stood, pulling up the sleeves of her jacket and making her way over to the small gap in the glass, which she could just about fit her wrist into.

The gap obviously wasn't made for someone to stick their hand into, but as the girl was petite, she managed to shove half her arm through the opening. Peter didn't seem to want to waste time as he speedily dug his fangs into the girl's flesh once he had turned his supernatural abilities on. Nova didn't know what she expected the bite to feel like, but what she didn't expect was to fall to the ground in excruciating pain.

The blonde held in her cries like a champ, not wanting to alert the doctor who waited down the hall, knowing she would be punished for what she had done. Peter could only look on in what seemed pity at her pain, but she couldn't seem to focus on him when she felt the venom in her veins travel through her body.

It seemed like hours she sat on the floor, holding tightly onto her flesh which was dripping with blood, but in reality, it was only a few minutes before she finally looked up to her uncle, who had transformed back into his human form.

"That hurt like a bitch. God, give a girl a bit of warning before... Jesus Christ." Nova harshly whispered as she roughly pulled herself off the cold floor and back onto the wooden chair she had sat on previously. Peter couldn't help but chuckle at the girl's comment, who now inspected the bite closely. The man went to open his mouth with a usual sarcastic comment; but his ears and nose perked up at the presence of the doctor making his way towards the two.

"Quickly hide that. And remember, you're a Hale. The change is in your blood; make sure you embrace it." Peter soon spoke out, making the girl pull her jacket down to cover the new wound just in time for the other man to come in and tell the teen that visiting hours were now over.

Nova mouthed a 'thank you' to her uncle, blowing a kiss as she turned to leave for what seemed like wasn't going to be her last visit to the institution as she was a woman of her word for the most part. But before she could depart, her uncle seemed to have one last request.

"Oh, and Novie, bring me a book next time. If I have to count the tiles on the floor one more time, I will kill myself."

o. 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧, 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞.