"twenty one"

❛ smoke and mirrors. ❜

𝐆𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐰𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐆𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐰𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. The first thing she felt was pain. From the fixed rope that was tied around her wrists and ankles to the wound that throbbed on her forehead - the blonde girl felt like shit.

Her eyes opened slowly, preparing to adjust to the bright light; however, she was only met with darkness. A small stream of moonlight through a broken window was her only light source. Nova went to speak out, for help, for anyone, but when no noise came out, she soon noted the tape covering her mouth.

Panic finally settled in the girl's stomach as she was truly alone and had no way of helping herself. The thoughts of her previous conversation with Peter only just coming back once she was alone in her head. 'So that's why, my sweet girl, I'm going to get you to kill him. You're going to kill Scott McCall.' Echoed throughout her brain.

Nova felt sick. Her wrists were now burning at how tight she had been pulling at them since waking up, and she could feel the trickle of blood drip from the wounds down her cold skin. Nova couldn't make out where she was. The air was humid and dry, yet she still trembled like it was snowing.

The loud gunshots and shouting were still going on, her mind racing at the thought of anyone getting hurt, that was until she saw her - Kate Argent. She stood in the corner of the derelict room, just watching, waiting - A Berserker only a couple of feet behind. The Hale girl didn't dare move, instead opting to watch the woman with wide eyes as she made her way over to the younger blonde.

Slowly, almost painfully, Kate gently bent down in front of the teen and took off the duct tape which covered her lips. Nova knew not to scream, not with the monster still lingering behind the two. She felt weak as the tears leaked from her eyes but didn't dare say a thing to the werejaguar, who still hadn't broken eye contact.

"It seems as sleeping beauty is finally awake, just in time for the exciting part," Kate smirked as she went to slice the girls ties that held her in place. Nova scrambled up quickly at being released, but the other blonde was fast at grabbing her wrist so she couldn't move, the Berserker breathing slightly louder to assert its presence once again.

"Now, come along, we don't have long. I wanted you to see it for yourself, but it seemed like Scott got a little greedy." The woman murmured on, Nova not completely understanding what the supernatural was going on about. That was until she had dragged her to the skylight and made her look out.

Nova felt like she had been shot. The immense pain she felt in her heart made it hard to breathe as lying there, unconscious, outside surrounded by gunshots, was Derek Hale. Her father was dead. She knew it. A sob racked its way out of the blonde's mouth as she turned to look away. But Kate wasn't having any of it. Instead, she harshly grabbed the teen jaw to look at her deceased father's pale face.

"That's what your precious Scott did. He killed him." The older woman lied as she pulled something out of her pocket. Nova was too traumatised to even realised the piece of cold metal being placed into her hands until she heard it click. Looking down, the girl gulped at the sight of the gun, its Wolfsbane bullet having just been loaded by the werejaguar.

"Kill him, Nova. It's a win-win really. You get revenge on the man who murdered your father and an added bonus of getting your siren abilities back. You can't lose here."

The Hale girls hands shook. The weapon rattled slightly as she moved to take a good look at it, having never held one before. Kate soon left the girl, her creature following after her, not that Nova had noticed as she was too blinded by tears and anger to care where the woman had got to.

Wrapping a tight hand around the gun, Nova finally moved. She stormed down the hallways of the abandoned building, not even caring if she bumped into a murderous Berserker. The blonde followed the sound of the commotion, soon walking straight into the belly of the fight. The whole pack was there. Stiles and Kira stood to the side with Malia and Liam in tow - not spotting the broken teen until she raised the weapon.

It was pointed straight at Scott's head. The smell of the Wolfsbane bullet making the alpha quickly turn his head. Nova hardly heard the protests of her pack from behind her as all she could focus on was the pounding of her heart in her ears. She didn't dare look at the McCall boy's face, which was twisted in fear because of the weapon that was pointed at his skull.

"Tell me he didn't do it." Nova finally whispered out to the uncle. Her voice was extremely hoarse from not speaking for so long, and it burnt the back of her throat when she did. Peter's transformed face turned into a slight smirk from where he was on the floor after fighting Scott. His plan was working. Kate had got to her.

"I tried to stop him, Novie, but he was like a wild animal! He was out of control!" The uncle gushed out whilst putting on his best puppy-dog face. Objections soon filled the room, all against the older man's comment that Scott had killed Derek as they tried to convince the blonde he was innocent, but deep down, Nova already knew the truth.

It was a gunshot that shut everyone up. The room went quiet at the loud noise, the Wolfsbane bullet having been shot. A single body fell to the floor.

Scott stood there almost proudly, Nova already having dropped the now empty gun to the floor before falling into the alphas arms, who gladly excepted her embrace. Peter groaned out in pain at the wound to his left knee, already fading into unconsciousness from the injury that they all knew wouldn't kill him, just knock him out for a while.

"How did you know it wasn't me?" Scott gently asked as he pulled away from the shaken girl. Nova couldn't help but smile at the wolf.

She had always been told that family means everything. That you should never turn your back on your relatives, even if they've done the same to you. But the blonde was sick of the stupid analogy, instead deciding her real family was the people that raised her, that loved her. The people that didn't use her for their own vindictive and selfish needs.

"My families my pack, it always has been. And Peter, he was never a part of the clique, way too old and irrelevant."

o. 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝, 𝐥𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲.