"twenty nine"

❛ a white lie never hurt anyone. ❜

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡. She was feeling totally transformed, like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. Sure, she had only had the bite for an hour, but the adrenaline was powerful, and it felt amazing.

The rush she felt soon prompted the girl to track through the forest where her boyfriend and Stiles were currently searching for clues about Theo. But luckily, she didn't have to ruin her boots in the mud as once she had made the small trek from Eichen house; she quickly spotted the duo on the outskirts of the woods, however, she soon grumbled once she saw the alpha she had previously had strong words with that day.

Making her way over to the trio, she almost jumped into her boyfriend's arms, placing a small kiss on his lips as he recovered from the assault and eventually wrapped his arms around her more petite frame. Stiles scoffed in disgust at the sight, not in the mood for happiness as he was beyond embarrassed had just been caught out stalking Theo, who had proved again he was innocent.

"Find anything?" Scott asked once he realised the girl wasn't going to address what had happened earlier that day. The Stilinski boy was quick to shake his head, speedily making his way to his jeep so he could finally head home.

"I fell in a hole." Liam almost proudly stated as he noticed the tension between the two best friends. Something which made the blonde girl snort as she found the sentence spoken extremely cute. But Scott didn't seem to agree as he quickly stopped in his tracks, raising his head to smell the air before shooting his head towards the couple.

"Is that why I smell blood... But, wait, it's coming from you, Nova. Why do you smell of blood? What happened to you!" The alpha quickly stepped forward, followed by the group's human and Liam, who speedily took the girl out from below his arms.

Three pairs of worried eyes met the girls. And she was extremely glad she drowned herself in perfume after meeting her uncle, as her next lie surely wouldn't have worked otherwise if his scent had still been on her.

"Scott, word of advice, don't ever ask a cranky woman why she smells of blood. We both have our times of the month; you're not special." The blonde sassed, tilting her head with a grin as she watched for the boy's reactions as she wasn't ready to tell them what had actually happened as she knew how furious they'd be at her jumping into something so serious without telling them.

She planned to try and keep the bite quiet until she successfully turned, and once it was a good outcome and she was like the rest of them, she hoped her boyfriend and pack members wouldn't be angry at her decision to be able to defend herself. But deep down, she knew they weren't going to come to terms with it that easily.

But for now, the plan seemed to work as all teen boys' faces turned slightly red at her revelation, and the older boys were quick to leave her alone as Scott felt mortified at the idea of what he had done. Nova was quick to slip into the back of the jeep, the Stilinski boy promising her a ride to the school with Liam so they could meet Mason before she stayed at the Hewitt household that night due to her parents still being away.

She didn't pay any attention to the conversation between the boys outside as she was used to the car breaking down, and once she realised they were all preoccupied with fixing the now broken jeep, she hurriedly pulled up her jacket so she could have a look at the new bite. Hiding behind the passenger seat, the blonde traced the teeth marks, which sent a slight ache up her arm. But she didn't care as she knew the benefits would outweigh the current discomfort she felt.

"Hey, you okay? I can sense you're in pain." Liam suddenly spoke up once he had slipped into the passenger side. Luckily, the girl quickly covered her wrist, smiling at her boyfriend, whose face looked more than worried.

"Just cramps." Nova rushed out before the boy could stop and hear her heartbeat skip slightly. Liam went to open his mouth to ask if there was anything he could do for help, as he was already pulling out his phone to text his best friend to pick up some aspirin and her favourite slushy before they met up, but Stiles was quick to jump in the driver's seat and speak up.

"Well, at least we know you're not pregnant." The boy bluntly stated as he pulled away from the woods. A smack soon making it's way from the backseat to his head at the comment.

Thankfully for the couple, the ride was short to the school. Only minimal sarcastic, invasive and annoying comments and questions had come from the jeep's driver. And with one last goodbye to the Stilinski teen, both Liam and Nova were finally alone for the first time that day. But this didn't seem to last long, as they soon spotted a pissed-off-looking Mason, which is when they realised they were a couple hours late to the meet-up.

"Hey, sorry we're late!" The boy quickly rushed out once the two had jogged over to the lone teen, who didn't look impressed at either one of the two.

"Oh no, you're not late- you missed it. I worked out... for two hours." The best friends seemed to get into a minor dispute over what had happened, Liam trying to find the correct words to tell the other teen how he was a werewolf being as it had taken a toll on their relationship.

Nova had tagged along for mutual support when remembering when she had to tell her boy about the world of the supernatural; something that didn't go too well. But her attention was soon attracted elsewhere as she noticed the dark figure which made its way out of the shadow of the school bus.

"Uh, guys... Not to be the girl that cried wolf... But wolf!"

The dark animal had bared its teeth at the three teens, seeing them as a late-night snack as it stalked it's way towards them. But Nova didn't want to stick around and see who the creature would eat first as she speedily grabbed both boys' hands and pulled them into the school.

Sprinting down the dark hallways, the girl's chest burnt at the exercise- something she wasn't going to miss about being human. But thankfully, that didn't last for very long as once the trio turned a corner, Liam soon spun around and showed his true self.

The roar which filled the corridors was almost deafening. It made the wolf cower in fear before running back the way it came. And the culprit of the howl, Liam Dunbar. He had changed earlier than he wanted, but once he realised his anchor and best friend were in trouble, the transformation into his wolf form came naturally.

Nova had tried to see the reaction on Mason's face at the outing of the supernatural world to him, but she was too busy leaning on the closest locker, trying to catch her breath.

"You're a Werewolf!" The Hewitt boy seemed amazed at what he had just seen, and the girl knew by the grin on his face once she had finally recovered from the rush that the teen would fit right into the pack. But before she could help explain the new world to the boy, she couldn't help but flick the back of her boyfriend's head in annoyance.

"Why didn't you do that in the parking lot? Don't you know how painful it is running in four-inch heeled boots!"

o. 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦.