"eight"

❛ orphaned. ❜

"𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐦 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧, 𝐨𝐫 𝐈'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬

"𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐦 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧, 𝐨𝐫 𝐈'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬." After what had happened with Violet, Derek showed up and took one look at his daughter's bruised and bloodied body before babying her completely.

He wouldn't even let her walk into Deaton's office, which meant that he carried her smaller frame into the vet's building. If no one else had gotten hurt, Derek would've brought his daughter straight to the loft, but Brett had been stabbed with wolfsbane and wasn't in excellent condition, so, unfortunately, Nova wasn't the father's only concern at the moment.

The blonde winced as she watched both Stiles and Derek struggle to hold down the unconscious werewolf as he spasmed out of control while laying on the metal table.

"If you can't hold him still, the incision might kill him!" Deaton exclaimed as the boy yet again struggled against the two men. The wolfsbane beginning to move through his body. Nova sighed as she stood up, as even though she wasn't a fan of Brett, she couldn't let him die. Once she was just next to his head, she gently grabbed hold of it, which made him slightly open his eyes.

"Stop moving," Nova commanded, and she slightly smiled as she watched the green go around his eyes before he went still. The blonde couldn't watch Deaton insert the knife into Brett's chest, so instead turned around and stuck her head in her father's chest, who gladly wrapped his arm around her smaller frame. Luckily, Deaton said that Brett would be alright, which meant that the Hale family could finally go home.

At some point during the whole ordeal, Peter had shown up, and Nova couldn't help but notice the somewhat worried look he gave to her dad when they walked towards the car. Once safely inside the loft, Peter began to use his limited werewolf abilities to heal the few injuries that Nova had, which was strange to the blonde as she expected her father to do it.

But instead of questioning him on it, as he sat on the end of her bed with a glass of water in hand, Nova finally had a grown-up conversation with her dad.

"I'm sorry for all the stuff I said this morning. It's just that I'm scared. I know I don't say that often, but I am. I really am. I can't have anyone else dying, and I know I can prevent that," The blonde almost whimpered out as she thought of all the pack's losses while she did nothing to save them.

"I don't know what I'd do without you, or mom, or even Peter. I can't have anyone else dying!"

Derek pulled his daughter into a tight hug when he saw her eyes water slightly. He never knew Nova felt like she was doing nothing, and he finally understood why she went against him - she wanted to help, so at that moment, he promised himself that he wasn't going to stop that.