Chapter 20

• Levi •

• Levi •

Shit, I said fine before I even realized what I was doing. Mayhem almost looks relieved, but I can also see a little bit of fear in his eyes. I want to laugh, there is no way this man could be scared, right?

Slowly, I push him away so I can sit up straight. "I don't want to talk about it here." I tell him. I don't want people eavesdropping and I have a feeling Mayhem would feel the same. Mayhem grunts in some sort of response and pushes himself up from the bed. I make my way to get up when his hand appears in my sight. 

I look at it for a while, unsure what to do with the gesture before I take it, hating myself for feeling this insecure about the situation. This is not like me at all. I'm supposed to be detached, cold. 

I honestly want to run away but I know this son of a bitch would never let me. He would follow me, probably stalk me like the creep he is and would keep pushing me until I would finally relent. I was saving us both the energy, just getting this over with. When he found out my past, he would probably leave me in seconds anyway. I'm to damaged, used goods and he would want better than that.

Yeah, I will just keep telling myself that, it's either that or submitting to him and admitting that I lost this weird game we have been playing from the beginning. A game I dind't even know we were playing until 24 hours ago.

We walk out of my room after I put on my faded leather jacket. It was the first jacket I ever bought with my own money and since then it has been my "security blanket". I remember Haru laughing her ass off when I told her, telling me she was happy that even I had a more adorable side. I was so close to slapping her, she will never know. 

"Get on my bike" Mayhem orders me after we sneaked outside and I raise my eyebrow, giving him a displeased look. Mayhem is not having it however and before I can utter any kind of protest, he picks me up like I weigh nothing and settles me down on his bike. He straddles the bike and  turns on the engine. 

"Grab my waist." I put my hands on my waist, glaring at him. "I can't see you glaring at me darling, so there is no point." Mayhem chuckles, a foreign sound that sends some freaky flutters  to my stomach.  

When I take too long to do as he said, he grabs my wrists and puts them on his hard stomach, pulling me flush against his back. The feel of his body against mine feels so nice and calming that I stay put, not daring to move away from his comforting body heat.

We ride for what seems like forever. I've never riding bitch before and I never thought I would enjoy it as much as I do. It feels freeing, calming. I never liked not being in control but I had to admit this was an amazing experience.

I let go of Mayhems waist at some point and spreader my arms wide, closing my eyes and feel the wind gently gracing my body right through my clothing and against my cheeks. It feels like a warm blanket, protecting me.