Chapter 15

• Levi •

• Levi •

The leather backpack filled with my belongings is sitting on the bed while I put on my boots and put my gun and hunter knife back into place. Haru had given them back the moment we had stepped into my room.

It had only taken me 10 minutes the pick up the clothes that were scattered around the small room and pack them up. Haru's stuff was still in the shopping bags so we only had to put those in the new small duffel bag we had gotten yesterday. 

"You ready?" Haru asks me after I put on my last shoe. I nod and swing my backpack over my shoulder. I take one final look around the room I had been staying at for the past few weeks and open the door. I meet my brother down the stairs but I walk right past him. The more I think about this situation, the angrier I become. 

Just because he is the President of this god damn club doesn't give him the right to know everything about my life when he sees fit. Yes he had seen my scars and yes maybe he was worried about me. But kicking me out just because he wanted to know my pain? My darkness? My hell?  No. 

I wonder if I could forgive him for this but then I realize there is nothing to forgive. Right now my brother means nothing to me, just a blood tie. He doesn't have my trust, we hadn't even started building any sort of relationship yet. He hasn't broken anything to fix. 

I walk out of the compound, ignoring everyone like I had ignored my brother and get on my bike after putting my bag and Haru's duffel bag in the saddle bags. 

Haru slides on behind me and we ride off, without looking back.

••••••••

It had taken me and Haru a week to find the apartment that was only a couple of blocks away from the club compound. We both had a lot of money from the odd jobs we used to do when we first got out of our hell, so we were able to buy the place. 

The apartment was nice, spacious and in a pretty good neighborhood. The walls were pure white, with dark hard wooded floors throughout the whole apartment. 3 bedrooms with walk in closets, 2 bathrooms a big living-room and an open kitchen. We also had a balcony that was pretty big that had a big glass sliding door. The apartment was on the 4th floor and we were lucky to have a working elevator. The apartment also had a swimming pool in the back and parking spots under the building. This was probably the best place we were ever able to live in and I could tell Haru was very excited. 

The day after we moved in we had our furniture delivered. A big 6 person black leather couch, huge plasma television, black leather chairs for the dining room and 2 queen size beds with mattresses. We had also bought some tableware and towels. Haru had bought a big stereo set that was bound to piss off our neighbors soon and two laptops.