Ch 14) Chunin Exams: Preliminairies

Sasuke watched as Naruto fell off his body. The blond was practically lifeless. Naruto even began to puke up blood. Everyone witnessed the glow fade from Naruto's skin as his eyes fell shut. The mysterious black markings began to recede from Sasuke's body into the curse mark on the back of his shoulder.

"Sasuke? What have you done!?" Sakura was panicking, thinking her crush had just killed their other teammate.

"I-I-I. I don't know? I don't know what came over me. I was just suddenly filled with this rage. I couldn't control it." Sasuke stared down at his hands. The mark on his back began to pulsate, causing the raven immense pain. He fell down clutching his shoulder.

"Sasuke? What's wrong?" Sakura was really starting to worry about the danger the curse mark posed on the Uchiha.

"It's this damned mark that the snake bastard placed on me. It makes it extremely difficult to be even the least bit active." The torture ceased. "I think I'm okay for the moment. Let's-" he was cut off by the sound of shallow breathing behind him. The group returned their focus back onto the blond Genin. It looked like he was trying to stand up.

A relieved smile showed up on Ino's face. "Naruto. You're alive!!"

He ignored her and vanished into thin air. One second later he returned, looking even weaker than before. As if that was even possible. "Sas-Sasuke. Take these." Naruto reached into his pockets and handed the Uchiha both of the necessary scrolls to complete the exam. Plus there were also a few extra ones that he received from his clones.

Sasuke took them from the blonds arm with a shocked expression shown on his face. "Naruto, where did you even get the-" He was cut off once again when Naruto fell to the ground with a thump.

"Naruto!! Come on, get up moron!" Ino was furious. "I mean it, Naruto this isn't funny anymore!!" Her expression morphed from angry into panic, when the boy didn't react. "Guys we need to get him help right? Like right now!!" She'd never seen anyone die before, and she didn't want to believe that that was what was going on with her fellow blond classmate. Even if he could be a real nuisance sometimes. It's not like she hated the boy, or anything. Ino turned to her pineapple haired partner for an idea. "Come on Shikamaru. You're smart. What should we do?"

Ino's question brought the boy out of his shocked stupor. "The tower is only a few miles from here. Our best bet is to bring Naruto there so the medic nin can help him." He turned toward the raven. "Sasuke, will you allow us to take one of your team's spare scrolls?

The boy in question was growing annoyed with the conversation."Yeah whatever. Let's just go already!" The longer they stood talking the less of a chance they had to save Naruto.

Time skip (Chunin Tower)

"There is nobody here," Choji realized. "Now what do we do?"

Shikimaru surveyed the area, confirming Choji's statement. "Well, we might as well open the scrolls."

Sasuke layed Naruto on the ground and the boy's head lulled to the side, Blood was still leaking out of his wound, staining the tile floor. The raven along with his pink haired teammate both took out one of the scrolls and rolled them open onto the floor, in front of the blond.

There was a puff of smoke, and then in its place, Iruka sensei appeared, one foot on each scroll. "Hey guys. I am proud to see you made it this far." He looked around but didn't see his favorite student anywhere. "Say, where is Naruto?"

The question caused everyone else in the room to look down sadly. Sasuke and Sakura stepped apart, revealing the lifeless blond on the ground behind them.

Iruka's countenance immediately changed from happy to fearful, as he ran and knelt down towards the blond. "Naruto!!" He turned towards the remaining Genin. "What happened to him."