Ch 3) Pass or Fail? Naruto's hidden Ability

Third Person's P.O.V.

Once Kakashi yelled start, both Sakura and Sasuke jumped away and hid. Sasuke in a tree and Sakura under a bush.

"Ninja must know how to conceal their movements and hide effectively," Kakashi said to no one in particular. "Well, they understand that much. They've hidden well." Wait... what's Naruto still standing here for? Jonin wondered. "Naruto. I said start. What are you still doing here?"

Naruto smirked. "I know what this test is really about."

"Oh, and what's that?" Kakashi wasn't surprised. He figured that was the case.

Naruto was silent for a moment."It's about TEAMWORK isn't it?"

"Yes, you're right," Kakashi conceded. "For curiosity sake. Would you mind telling me how you figured it out."

"A Few things. 1)," Naruto says, holding up his pointer finger. "Squads are always carried out with 3 Genin students, and 1 Jonin Sensei. So why would one of us go back, while the others continue. It wouldn't be a full team. 2)" He raises another finger. "You said, and I quote 'of the 27 graduates who just got here, only 9 will be chosen to actually become Genin.' If that's true. Then that means 3 of the teams will pass the test, with all 3 Genins on each of said passing teams passing as well. So once again, one going back didn't make sense. 3)" The blond raises one more finger. "There are 2 bells. This is meant to pit us against each other, ultimately sending one back to the academy for failing the mission. And as I said before, that doesn't make sense considering the fact that a squad has 3 genin and one Jonin. NOT 2 or 1 Genin and one Jonin. And 4)" He raises up one last finger. "You're a Jonin and were just Genin. Alone we don't have any chance at getting a bell. But if we work together, then we might have a chance." Even though he thought he might actually be able to get them himself.

Wow! He actually figured it out. Will his team work with him, however? "Well Naruto, you're a lot smarter than I gave you credit for." Kakashi paused for a moment. "Even though you know what the test is about. Why don't you try to get a bell?"

"Alright." He might as well. It's not like there was anything else for him to do.

With Sasuke

Sasuke jumped into the tree to hide. He noticed that Naruto and Kakashi were only talking. But he wasn't close enough to hear what they were saying. Naruto came up behind him. How!!!? He didn't even sense the blond approaching.

"Hey Sasuke," Naruto said. "I think we should work together to get the bells. We'll have a better chance if we help each other."

Sasuke understood the blonde's reasoning. His pride got in the way though. "I don't need your help, Dobe!! I can do this on my own."

Naruto expected that answer. He knew pestering wasn't going to change anything. "Alright. I'll just go ask Sakura." He poofed away.

"Was that a shadow clone?" Sasuke asked out loud to himself.

With Sakura

Sakura was watching from under a bush. Naruto and Kakashi-Sensei appeared to be having a conversation. It didn't even look like they were gonna fight.

"Hey Sakura?" Naruto came out of nowhere.

"Ahhh!!!! Don't scare me like that, Idiot!!"

"Sorry," the blond apologized. "But I think we should work together to get the bells. I tried to ask Sasuke, but he just refused."

"Why would I work with you?" The pinkette questioned, angrily. "Seriously you're an idiot. You wouldn't be able to do anything useful!"

"Because we're a team," he reasoned. "And we have a better chance at getting the bells if we help each other. So are you in?" He decided to give her another opportunity, and ask just once more.