Ch 12) Orochimaru's Arrival

Anko stood in front of the group of genin. "Well now that we're all here. We can get started." She points to the fence behind her. "Behind me is training ground 44. Otherwise known as, The Forest Of Death. It will be the setting of the 2nd test in these exams. Each team will receive one scroll. It will either be the Earth Scroll." Anko takes a dark grey colored scroll, with japanese lettering on it, out of her pocket. "Or... it will be a Heaven Scroll." She takes out a second scroll. This one being tan in color, with japanese lettering on it.

"Now the goal of the test will be to collect both scrolls and make it to the tower at the center of the forest. You will have exactly five days to accomplish this. In order to succeed, you need all of your teammates alive. If one of your teammates is either late, or is dead, you will all fail. So don't die, okay!" The female proctor gives them a sinister smile, terrifying all the genin. All of them wondering what can be in that forest that is so dangerous that they might die. "I don't really feel like doing the paperwork if you do die."

"There are thirty different entrances into this forest, and the tower is exactly 10 miles from each one. Each team will enter through one of them. Now over here." Anko gestures with her hand to a small booth in front of the cage. "One member from each team will receive a scroll and situation waivers that everyone must fill out. That way if you die. I wont be held responsible."

Choji's stomach grumbled loudly. "But if we are supposed to be in there for 5 days, what will we eat?"

"There are plenty of wild animals you can hunt for food," she replies. "It is a survival mission after all. Now like I said before. One person from each team can get your scroll, and the waivers. Once everybody is done filling them out, well start the test."

Naruto decides now is the perfect time to put on a mask of arrogance. "Man this test is going to be a piece of cake, am I right Sasuke." The blond wanted to see if he could bait someone into retaliating. It worked. Next thing he knew, a Kunai came flying at him from Anko's direction. He disappeared, surprising her by appearing behind her back, with a kunai held at her throat. Well that was easier than he thought it would be.

She turned back, looking at him, clearly shocked by what she just saw. "Well that was unexpected. Who are you exactly?" Anko had to say she was intrigued.

He replied with a small smile, and a simple shake of his head.

"Alrighty then." She looked around at the group who looked just as shocked as her. "What are you all waiting for? Come over here, and get one of the scrolls, along with waivers for your teams."

Naruto reappeared near his team. "I'll be the one who holds the scroll. Since I'm the strongest, it will be the safest with me. I'm going to create clones to act as decoys for the other teams."

Suddenly, fifty clones pop into existence, two per enemy team. Then he creates three-hundred more clones. One hundred to study the history of the ninja world. One hundred to practice Taijutsu, and another hundred to work on chakra control. No one, not even his team knew of this.

"Now when my clones encounter other teams we can learn their skills and talents when my clones disperse. They can either win the fight, get the scroll and hide it, till we can collect it. Or they'll be defeated and we will know where the team is and still have learned some of their skills.

He waits to see if Sasuke, or Sakura will object or confirm his plan. Sasuke does with a silent nod. Sakura on the other hand is not so compliant.

"I agree with the plan. I just want to make one change. Shouldn't Sasuke be the one with the scroll? Considering he is in fact the strongest one on this team," she says matter of factly, with emphasis on him.