Ch 8) Return of the Mercenary and the Hunter-Nin

Tazuna's House Third Person's P.O.V.

Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke walk through the front door. Sasuke and Sakura are using each other for support, and both look utterly exhausted.

Kakashi glanced over to the pair. "What happened to you two? He chuckled to himself, at the look of his team.

"When it comes to training, Naruto is a slave driver!!!" Seriously, Sakura feels like she was about to die from chakra exhaustion. Is this really how The Pinkette was supposed to enlarge her chakra reserves?

"Don't worry Sakura. It'll get easier the more you work at it. In a couple of weeks, you should be able to perform more advanced Jutsu. That's a plus right?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Now we know why you look like that. But why does he?" Kakashi gestures to the Raven haired Genin.

"I m-made it to th- the top of the tree." Man The Uchiha was exhausted. But he was finally getting stronger. He'll be stronger than Naruto in no time.

He already made it to the top. He must have been really motivated. It's probably because he hates being behind Naruto all the time. Well any motivation is better than nothing. "Good, now you and Sakura can go protect Tazuna tomorrow."

"No disrespect Sensei, but I'll protect Tazuna tomorrow. They both still need more training, if we're going to face Zabuza and the Hunter-Nin. Sasuke and Sakura need to use this time to train as best they can. Being with Tazuna is only going to hinder their progress."

"I guess you're right. I'm sure you can handle it by yourself. Now come sit down. Tsunami's almost done making dinner."

Tsunami brings out some sauteed vegetables with mashed potatoes. A peaceful quietness surrounds the group until it's broken by Inari.

"Why are you guys training so hard? You'll never be able to defeat Gato."

"Maybe, maybe not. Either way, training is better than doing nothing." Naruto replies in a calm tone, with a look of indifference.

"You can train until you drop, it won't matter. The weak are always defeated by the strong. You don't know anything about this country. You come in here with a positive attitude all the time, without a care in the world. All the while, people like me live in turmoil. You don't know what it's like to suffer!!"

After Inari's outburst, the remaining people in the room turned to Naruto. Sakura, remembering the old Naruto, expected him to lash out at the kid irrationally. They were all surprised when Naruto quietly stood up from his seat. What he did next, made all of them drop their mouths in shock. He walked towards Inari, stared down at the boy, raised his hand above his head, and slapped the kid right across the face, leaving a hand shaped mark on his cheek where his hand connected. The room was silent. No one knew what to do. When Naruto spoke up, it gave them all chills. His voice was deeper and resonated an anger and hatred that they never witnessed from the blond boy before.

"Don't talk about things you don't know or understand. My life is far worse than yours. So are a lot of the people's lives in your country. You have a warm place to live, food to eat, a comfortable bed to sleep in, and a Mother and grandfather that would do anything for you. Other people, older and younger than you are homeless, by themselves, and lucky if they get something to eat once a week. So don't you dare start complaining about how hard your life is. You lost your dad, I get it. That's awful, but it doesn't mean you can just sit around all day moping about your life, when compared to others, your life is great... By the way, Gato isn't strong. He's just a scrawny wimp, who has enough money to pay other people to do his dirty work. He hides behind his guards. He's a coward and so are you. If your life is so horrible, then do something and change it. If you don't, then do us all a favor and stop antagonizing those who do. And for the love of Kami, stop crying you little baby!!" Naruto heads towards the door.