Creativity - Yin & Yang

Dear Creativity, 

You are a monster. 

You starve people from certainty, and force them to embrace ambiguity, or let them die from normality. 

Because of you, people go hungry; hungry to grow as they develop an ageless knowing that can never be satisfied by mediocrity. 

The world is afraid of you. 

You're addicting; you get people frothing; you start the most exquisite fires that reflect in their eager eyes; when you touch them, they crave the heat of the stars that course through their veins; you are body heat without flesh; you heighten their consciousness like ecstasy; you make them feel ALIVE. 

Leaders that are driven by tradition, who rule to close minds will always hate the colour of your skin. They kill anything you conceive and spit on your spontaneity. 

Artists see you as an outlet; a sense of purpose, but I see you as an instigator. This world is meant to stand still but you dip your hands into our silent oceans and beat them until waves crash against the rocks and force the winds to shift and the boats to change course. 

You arouse drive and enthusiasm into lost souls and suddenly, they can move mountains; you plant subtle thoughts into peoples' heads and watch them bloom with ideas and plans; you capture attention as you blaze the dark skies with a divine glow; you orchestrate light shows through an array of mediums and leave people standing in ruined awe – only to end the performance with an explosive bang that makes people bleed colour in a world that has grown up seeing grey. 

Bred from yin and yang;

Every act of creation is an act of destruction; a sign of rebellion; a sign of constant change;

You, my old enemy, are the start of a revolution. 

Sincerely, 

Apathy