L o v i n g~ A Day When You're Feeling Yourself

No one is home. You're looking in the mirror. The speaker is turned on. You know exactly what song you want. And you're feeling damn good about yourself.

Oh, you know what time it is.

In world where everyone shares the best and sometimes not-so-accurate parts about themselves with the rest of the world, there is one piece floating around the Internet that's still so pure.

You know those videos of girls dancing in the mirror while they're getting ready? They be feel'in themselves, shaking like nobody's watching and letting everythinggg let loose.

Those posts are real. Are you even human if you don't break it down like Dance Champion when you're home alone?

God – aren't those days just the best? Think about the last one you had. Go on. Home alone, getting low to the ground, whipping your hair and standing on the chair like no body was watching. You were grinning so hard that your cheeks hurt.

Didn't it feel good? You should be smiling now. SMILE!

I used to feel awkward or uncomfortable to talk myself up and talk about how great I think I am.

But there are days where I downright say, "Why aren't people wanting to hang out with me? I'm fucking awesome!"

It's a bit aggressive yet that doesn't matter because everything we're surrounded by tries to tear us down – whether it be because of the colour we were born with, who we choose to identify as, the body we were given, the opinion we hold – goddammit, own your shit!

He should be missing you. Anyone would. You're bloody amazing!

If it toots your horn, give yourself positive affirmations. Treat yourself like you're your best friend. Hype yourself up – there's only one you and you're gorgeous.

So many people admire you from afar; they are in awe of your strength, the beauty of your thoughts, the profoundness of your speech, the sharpness of your mind – you're a sexy freak of nature that deserves to be heard.

Have mad respect for yourself. You've made it this far.

You deserve it.

************************************************

A/N: What was the last song you danced to? 

Tag someone you love on Wattpad. <3 Let 'em know you think they're freaking awesome and are loved more than they can imagine.