H u r t i n g~ Having an Off Day

I'm having an Off-Day, mom.

Everything you ask me to do – I'm not in the mood to do it.

Every time you talk – I get annoyed.

Every time you stare at me and try to read my face and understand what is going on in my mind – I want to hit someone with a chair.

These are the days where I'm just not having it. I'm not motivated to go out, to write, to do school work, to talk to anyone.

I want to alone in my own space – by myself.

And then there are friends or family members who see me in this 'I'm-ready-to-stab-the-next-person-that-looks-at-me' state and instantly turn sour.

They frown at my negativity and stick their noses up in disgust at my 'immature' behaviour. They roll their eyes at the 'I'm-done-with-your-shit' attitude and tell me to suck it up or ask me what's wrong.

Those responses aren't what we people with off-days need.

So –I'm making a public service announcement – anyone who is having an off-day does not want your opinion, your sympathetic "Are you okay?" or your judgemental stares.

The people who have off-days just want to be alone. We want silence. We want to hear only our own thoughts. If we want to talk – we will come to you.

I'm the type of girl who is known to be an outgoing social butterfly that gravitates towards other humans. So when people find me building a fifty foot wall and avoiding social interaction – they see me as 'out of character' or 'not being myself.'

Let me tell you – it is okay. I am still 'being myself'. This is normal. You are normal.

Everyone has an off-day where we just aren't feeling it. Our vibes aren't radiating that goody-good and we don't want to switch our moods.

We want to wallow in our loneliness and bask in our dark misery.

Let us be.

But don't worry.

We will bounce back. We will return. We will surface from our rooms full of complete darkness.

All we want from you is your time and patience.

And we promise not to rip your throat apart.

From,

All the people who are just having an off day.