H u r t i n g ~ A Text to a Friend

A Text to a Friend

I'm so sorry. You deserve better.

You've had such a long week too - cut yourself some slack, hun. You deserve to relax tonight.

And even though things may not have worked out for you this time, it doesn't change who you are - in fact, the most important part of this all in the grand scheme of things is that it'll test you to see what you're going to do about it now and if you'll bounce right back, which I know you will because you are resilient in the face of adversity.

You won't let this set you back.

You're going to figure out and understand where you went wrong.

You're one of the most hardworking and exquisite woman I know.

You conquer everyday with twinkling bright eyes that are eager to learn, an adorable smile that radiates positivity, and you put in the effort to make a heartfelt connection with all the people around you. What just happened to you will never change that.

I know you have a long week ahead and handfuls of exciting, slightly intimidating, self-fulfilling events that will challenge you, bring you joy, and encourage you to go beyond your limits. I'm confident you'll handle these things in the best way possible and that you - trying your best - will be enough.

And while this is all going on, I hope you won't be too hard on yourself this week because your mind and soul don't deserve to be worn out, and your heart that pumps with love and furious passion should never falter due to a small mistake you made or an unfortunate encounter you may stumble across.

You're the expert in self-care so I'm not too worried about you. In case you can't spare one hour to treat yourself, take these thirty seconds to remember who you are, what you've accomplished, and that you deserve to feel good about yourself because you matter. You matter to so many people. You matter to me. I know you're going to kick ass today, and all of next week! You're a #boss whose always on beast mode and I know you're going to smash any challenge that comes your way!

You may feel like you have a lot going on and other stressful factors and maybe there will be times where you feel like the universe is against you. Life is a dance. You and the Universe are partners. Setbacks, delays, and detours are like steps in the mambo, tango and cha-cha.

If you dissected the movements and saw them without the rest of the dance, everyone would be in great pain. But when you see the big picture... poetry in motion.

In life, setbacks, delays and detours are often ways of the Universe "keeping you" for something way better. So don't let them discourage you, don't see them out of context, and whatever you do, don't stop dancing.

Carpe Diem, honey. Seize the day.