Let Me // Yook Sungjae

Author: // Sara

Title: Let Me

Characters: Sungjae and Reader

Summary: I've always loved her since we were young. When I was about to tell her how I felt, I was the one who was surprised.

Author's Note: Hello~ To the requester, hehe here you go!! ^^; I'm apologizing in advance if I'm unable to properly explain some parts in the latter half. Ahehe..

-

-

Her tears were still fresh in my mind. The shaky and careful manner that she spilled her heart out continued to break mine up to this day. It was a memory I could never forget. Over the years, the pain had dulled but it still lingers in the back of my mind.

Her words kept on ringing in my ears. Sometimes, I'd dream about that moment again. Never did I think that someone like her would have to go through an experience that I've only seen in dramas and movies. Especially someone like her who came from an extremely conservative family like mine.

The two of us had been friends since we were babies. My parents would always tell us that ever since we met as babies, we've been practically joined at the hip. Our families were neighbors until we moved to a different house but it was still in the same neighborhood so it didn't really affect our friendship.

We grew up knowing almost everything about each other. In the process of it, I still ended up developing a crush on her. I thought it was just a phase I had as a teenage boy. Apparently not. The older we grew, the more I fell.

Maybe it was the way she laughed and the way she smiled. It might have also been how dedicated and focused she was on the things she wanted. She was driven and she always had a goal in mind. It could have been the way she dreamed and when she did, she dreamed big. Or it may be her silent moments-those days when we'd just sit beside each other and let the silence speak for itself. It could also be the days when she snapped because I was being too nosy or too apathetic about certain topics.

To be honest, it really was just because she was herself and no one else.

"Dad," a soft and sleepy voice mumbled after the door to my room opened. I couldn't help but smile as the gap widened, the light from outside filtering through. "Are you sleeping?"

I closed the photo album that I was browsing through and set it on my bedside table. "No, princess,"

The sound of tiny and quick footsteps echoed as she ran to my bed and quickly made herself at home beside me, snuggled up to my side. Her wide eyes peered up at me curiously.

"What is it, Hana?" I gently asked as I shifted so that she was more comfortable. "Can't sleep?"

She pouted as she shook her head. "No. There was a big, scary shadow on my wall. It wanted to eat me," the little girl had teary eyes as she told me what was going on. I had to fight a chuckle because it was probably just the tree by her window.

"It won't eat you. Daddy won't let anything harm you, okay?"

The wide smile on her lips made me happy and sad at the same time. It was the same exact smile that she had.

"Is that... Can we go through the pictures again, please?"

"Even if it's way past your bedtime?"

"Yes, please. I'll sleep right after!" The little girl promised, even making a cross on top of her chest where her heart is. "I want to see mommy,"

My heart clenched at the word. Mommy...