Home // Yook Sungjae

Author: @killingmebtob // Sara

Title: Home

Characters: Sungjae and Reader

Summary: After touring for 6 months, you're finally home. Luckily, you managed to get back to Seoul in time for their promotions.

"It's so good to be back!" You exclaimed inside your head as you emerged from the automatic doors of the Incheon airport. You welcomed the cold wind that was a contrast to what you've experienced in the past 6 months in the tropical countries you visited. You took solace in hearing almost everyone speaking in Korean. It was a struggle to communicate with others because your English wasn't that great. It was bearable though.

Despite your excitement of being back in your homeland, you kept your head down. A cap was hiding your features and you wore sunglasses to further conceal your identity. You weren't that famous. You're not a celebrity or an idol. But you are in a relationship with a Korean idol. No one really knew you were coming home aside from a few friends. Still, it was best to conceal your identity to avoid a certain someone from finding out that you were back.

You quickly boarded the bus headed for Seoul. The anticipation of being reunited with your apartment was causing you to move quicker than usual.

It took about an hour due to the build-up of traffic. Your eyes kept on soaking in the view of South Korea. Everything here was familiar. After months of being faced with new things, it was relaxing to see something you've grown to see everyday. Even the songs that were being played were songs that your ears were used to.

A smile broke on your lips when the next song started. You were nodding your head to the beat and when the chorus started to play, you mouthed the lyrics.

Love's like a movie, modu pponhae
Nado geureoke neol saranghagil wonhae

You were grinning like an idiot because aside from being back home, you couldn't wait until tomorrow to see him again. It wouldn't be a surprise if you wouldn't be able to sleep tonight because of your nerves.

A relieved sigh escaped your lips once you reached the confines of your apartment. It's been too long and some dust have settled on your belongings. You had to drag yourself to dust everything first before unpacking. Once everything was cleaned, you headed straight to your bed with your phone.

To: Hoonie
IRUNI~ I'm home!

From: Hoonie
Ya! Welcome back! Are you ready for tomorrow?

To: Hoonie
Ne~ Ne~ I'm feeling a bit nervous though. It's been 6 months since I last saw you all. Does he know anything about tomorrow?

From: Hoonie
Nope, just Minhyuk hyung and me. ;) Of course, your best friend kept your secret return a secret.

To: Hoonie
...that's why it's a secret! Geez. Anyway. What time should I be at the venue?

From: Hoonie
Hm. Be there by 4 and wait for me at the other entrance, okay? Not the one we go through.. I'll be arriving at the same time. Everyone else will be coming in at around 5:30.

To: Hoonie
Yup. Got it! HAHA. See you tomorrow, Hoonie~!

The rest of the day flew by because you were too busy unpacking your things. You didn't even notice that it was already 7 in the evening until your stomach started to rumble in hunger. You quickly ordered some chicken for delivery. The delivery came and soon enough, the food you ordered was completely devoured.