Don't Blame Me // Peniel Shin

Author: @killingmebtob // Sara

Title: Don't Blame Me

Characters: Peniel and Reader

Summary: Peniel takes care of a sick (Y/N).

Author's Note: Just a short fluff for our sunshine, Peniel. Enjoy~ :D

The air felt hot despite the cool air conditioning. You were getting slightly annoyed by the sweat that kept on sticking to your skin. The blanket felt stuffy so you kicked it off of you. You've been trying to get some shut eye for the past 30 or so minutes but it just wasn't happening. You kept on twisting and turning as you tried to find a comfortable position. But no matter what you do, every position feels awkward and uncomfortable.

A deep pant escaped your lips. You were starting to feel guilty because your boyfriend was sleeping peacefully beside you. You feared that he'd wake up because of your constant movement but you couldn't help it. Annoyed, you turned to your side harshly and huffed in annoyance.

"(Y/N)?" Your boyfriend's groggy voice came from behind you. "You okay?" You felt the bed shift. You guessed that he sat up so that he could look at you properly.

"Yeah... Sorry Peniel. Go back to sleep," you mumbled. You were slightly surprised at how raspy your voice sounded. While you have acknowledged the fact that you throat has been painful the past few days, you didn't expect that your voice would be this way now.

"You don't sound well," he mumbled. "Babe, let me see," Peniel gently spoke as he turned you over so that you were lying flat on your back. Your tired eyes stared back at his as he placed the back of his hand against your forehead. "You're hot. Really hot,"

You cracked a smile. "I know,"

"Silly," he chuckled. "But I mean it. Your skin feels like it's burning,"

"Ah... That must be why it feels hot and stuffy," you mumbled tiredly. You closed your eyes as you breathed deeply.

Peniel immediately jumped out of bed despite your protests. He quickly left your room and you could hear him rapidly rummaging through cabinets for who knows what. You didn't bother try to go after him because it felt too taxing to move from one room to the next. Peniel reentered the room with a wash basin on hand. He was so focused on his task that he didn't hear you call for him to say that he didn't have to make a fuss. You were also too tired to try again so you just closed your eyes.

You heard the water running from the bathroom for a while. It was silent for a while and it helped you relax a bit. You almost moaned in pleasure when you felt a warm towel placed on your forehead.

You slowly opened your eyes to see Peniel watching you worriedly as he dabbed a different towel (a cold one) around your face to cool you down a bit. A pout formed on your lips as you kept your eyes on him.

"Sorry,"

Peniel shook his head. "Why are you saying sorry, (Y/N)? It's not your fault for getting a fever,"

"Well... I woke you up and now you're taking care of me. You're supposed to be sleeping and resting," you mumbled.

Your boyfriend shook his head. "How can I go back to sleep knowing that you're sick? So you better get well soon," he joked.

"Yes, sir!" You chuckled. The feeling of the warm, damp towel on your forehead was relaxing. You were closing your eyes once again.

"Sleep," Peniel commanded. "You need to rest more than I do,"

"Okay," you responded, too tired to argue. "Love you,"

You couldn't see it but Peniel cracked a smile. "Yeah... I love you too even if you're sick and icky,"

"Hey..."

Peniel chuckled before he gave you a quick peck on the lips. "Go to sleep,"

"Don't blame me if you get sick,"

//

A week later, Peniel groaned. "Babe, I think I caught your fever,"