That's A Start // Seo Eunkwang

Author: @killingmebtob // Sara

Title: That's A Start

Characters: Eunkwang and Reader

Summary: Eunkwang, who is probably the greatest boyfriend in the world, struggles to communicate with his girlfriend.

I'm happy.

At least, that's what I like to believe.

I'm happy but...

I'm content but...

There's always something lacking. I probably am in no position to ask for more. After all, almost all my friends have told me that I'm the luckiest girl in the world because I have the sweetest and most caring boyfriend in the world. An extremely loyal and dedicated boyfriend too. Don't get me wrong, I love him with my entire being. I love him in a way that I never imagined loving someone. I love him despite his flaws and imperfections.

But does he feel the same way about me? I would often find myself asking that question whenever I'm alone with my thoughts. I know, I know... His actions should be enough but...

"Surprise!" Eunkwang beamed at me when his head peaked into my office. I couldn't help but smile as he fully entered the room with a bag. "I brought lunch. I have rehearsals later in the afternoon so I thought of dropping by first,"

"Aw," I cooed as I started cleaning up my desk. "You didn't have to but thank you,"

Eunkwang shyly smiled as he placed the bag of food on my desk. I really appreciated the gesture because it's rare for us to find time to eat lunch together in between our work nowadays. We've both been busy—him with his musicals and me with my work as a corporate woman. It was times like these that I cherish with him. Even if we ate in silence and just shared smiles, everything felt great.

"I love you," I said as I moved to kiss his cheek. "Take care, okay? And thank you,"

A blush was evident on his face as he shyly laughed. "I will. I'll see you after work," he softly spoke.

I didn't show it but I was disappointed that he didn't say it back. I just shook it off and nodded in agreement.

"What's with the long face?"

"Nothing, Seobie," I mumbled as I continued to chew on the straw of my drink.

He huffed in annoyance as he rolled his eyes at me. I knew he did even if my eyes weren't on him. That's what he always does when he huffs that way. "You're chewing on your straw. I know you well enough to know that something's bothering you. I told you before, it's a tell that you have,"

"Yeah, yeah," I dismissively spoke, still not looking at him.

"Are you telling me that you called me out for coffee just because you want to chew on that straw with a long face?"

I rolled my eyes, finally looking at him. I wanted to wipe the annoying smirk on my best friend's face. Changsub has always been the one I was able to turn to for anything good and bad. To be honest, a lot of people wondered why we never ended up together given that we've known each other for basically our whole lives.

Then again, I guess that's the reason why. We know so much about each other that it almost feels like we're siblings from different families. Every time people outside of our circle ask us that question, both Changsub and I would make the same gagging face. There really is nothing between us.