Heal Faster // Lee Minhyuk

Author: @killingmebtob // Sara

Title: Heal Faster

Character: Minhyuk and Reader

Summary: A short fluff about how two athletes look after each other.

Author's Note: A FLUFF A FLUFF A FLUFF. This is to start our detox week from all things hoely. Hehehe.

"Mine!" A voice rang above the sounds of rubber squeaking against the wooden flooring of the court. The sound continued as the girls on the court continued to position themselves for an attack.

(Y/N)'s eyes were set on the ball that was quickly coming towards her from the other side of the net. She received the ball perfectly and directed it to their setter. The 2 spikers at either side kept their eyes on their setter as they started their running approach to the net. A smirk played on (Y/N)'s lips when she saw the opponents move to block the left spiker, who was their decoy.

"They fell for it," she chuckled in her head as she watched their right spiker jump high to spike the ball that was given to her by their setter. The sound of the ball powerfully hitting the ground made (Y/N) and her team cheer because they finally closed the game after a long rally.

She and her teammates shared victorious smiles even if it was just a practice game to close the day's training session. They felt good because they could really feel that their team dynamics have improved. Their coach gathered them for the day and gave them words of encouragement before dismissing them.

Their practices have been a little more intense than usual because their final game for the cup was just around the corner. They've been practicing new plays and combinations that would hopefully counter the attacks of their opponents. It was tiring but everyone was motivated to do their best because the seniors of the team would most likely not join them in the spring tournament because they have to focus on university exams.

The girls all went their own ways after freshening up. (Y/N)'s teammates waved at her as she stayed by the school's gate. In the horizon, she could see that the sun was slowly starting to set. She was checking the new patches that were forming on her arms and her legs. The girl pouted, realizing that she dove several times for the ball in today's practice.

A squeal mixed with a laugh escaped her lips when she felt arms wrap around her waist before lifting her up. The training bag that was slung on her shoulder fell to the ground. A deep chuckle rumbled in the new person's sturdy chest when he heard the sound she made.

"Let me down, Minhyuk!" (Y/N) laughed.

"I missed you," He grinned when he finally set her down. The girl moved to reach for her bag but her boyfriend beat her to it. She protested and forcefully took her bag from him. Minhyuk rolled his eyes but didn't protest. After all, she really did hate it when he carries her training bag for her.

The two started to walk to the subway station closest to the school.

"We saw each other before we went to training," she shook her head as he held her hand. The two of them smiled to themselves at the warmth.

"I know," he pouted cutely as he looked at her. "It was a long three hours without you,"

The girl scrunched up her nose. "As if. I'm sure you enjoyed playing football that you forgot about me,"

"No," he quickly lied. "It's not like you think about me when you're training for volleyball," the boy teased.

"Yeah, yeah," she waved him off. "Anyway. How's your ankle? Does it still hurt?"