Chapter 34

When Sam told me she's not pregnant anymore felt exactly the same when she told us she's pregnant a few weeks ago. My eyes widen as Sam screamed in the other line once again. If she hasn't told me it was a great news, I'll probably think that she was shouting because she's frustrated about it. I hung up the phone and jumped down the stool with Luke following me closely behind.

"What happened?" Luke asks as I grab my jacket hanging on the coat rack.

"We need to go to Sam's house. You drive." I say as I throw his jacket to him. Luke didn't ask any questions until we're on our way. I don't know either to feel worried or happy.

"What happened?" He asks again.

"Sam told me she's not pregnant anymore."

A few minutes later, we arrive at Sam's house. Michael and Calum's cars are already parked in the streets while Luke parked his car behind Calum's. I immediately step out of the car as soon as the car stops moving and run my way towards the doorstep. I ring the doorbell twice then when I'm just about to press it again, the door opens and we're greeted by Calum.

"Hi, guys." He smiles. I can't help but to smile back as he opens the door wider, letting us in.

Sam, her mother, and Michael are sitting in the living room. Michael's actually has a bottle of beer in his hand. I eye him weirdly before I sit beside Sam. Luke remains standing with Calum.

"What happened?" I ask. I'm trying not to sound so worried since I can see that they're actually happy about this. Sam and her mom stare at each other for a few seconds, smiling, before Sam turns to me.

"I'm just dumb," She answers.

I raise my eyebrow, completely confused. "Um, what?"

"I thought one line means you're pregnant." She says.

I sigh in relief because, of course, I'm thinking that maybe she aborted the baby, but finding out that she's not really pregnant for the past weeks feels like a heavy thing has been lifted off my shoulder.

"Oh my god, Sam." I mumble as I run a hand through my hair. "You're so... dumb."

Then the doorbell rings once again, Luke initiates to open the door and only to reveal Ashton who's just wearing his boxers and some old-looking, with many holes, shirt. Then I just realize that I'm still in my pajamas, Luke is still on his sweatpants and t-shirt, same with Michael. While Calum's in a basketball shorts and some white singlet.

"What happened?" Ashton asks.

"You know what will happen?" Sam asks, a smirk plastered in her face. "We're gonna have a sleepover."

Surely after twenty minutes or more, there are two bed cushion pads covered with bed covers and like twelve pillows or more, all ready on the floor of Sam's living room. Her mom already went to sleep and I think we're just about to start our night even if it's almost four in the morning and we still have school in like a few hours or something, but even if I just got seven hours of sleep last night, I feel so wide awake right now.

"Let's skip school later," Michael says as he sits on the couch. "Skipping once wouldn't hurt, right?"

"I'll just talk to my mom, don't worry." Calum waves him off.

"We should tell Mia to come over too," I suggest, looking at Ashton.

"Nah." He shakes his head. "She's already sleeping now and you know her, she has some good grades to maintain."

Well, yes, out of all of us, Mia is surely the smartest. If she's not around in our little hangouts, it's mostly about she has homework to do or she has to do something related with school. Ashton actually finds it really attractive that his girlfriend is a "smart one but is ridiculously amazing in bed". His words, not mine.