Chapter 18

The dinner at Nando's went a bit quiet to be honest. Ashton told us that that was the first time that one of them is away and they're not used with it yet. Since Luke is gone, there's no one who will sarcastically comment almost at every dumb thing you'll say.

He's just gone for several hours and even I hate to admit it to myself, I'm starting to miss him already. I'm eager to give him a call already, but I know I can't because he's still on the plane. I wanna hear his voice again and hear him laugh and hear him talking sarcastically. Honestly, I wanna see him again. I wanna see him roll his eyes again. Goddamn, it, Luke, what did you do to me?

"I'll see you tomorrow in school." Sam says over the phone as I reach my house.

I smile even if she can't see it as I switch off the engine. "Sure."

Sighing, I hang up the phone and stare at the steering wheel for a second or two. As I roll my eyes, I step out of the car and walk towards the front door. Since I've been gone for like the whole day, I'm so sleepy and tired.

I enter the house and I'm a bit surprised that the door is unlocked but I have this habit that even though I know the door is lock, I will still try to twist the doorknob before getting the key. Weird but yeah.

"Care," Mom greets me as I remove my jacket. "Your brother's here."

My eyes widen. "Really? Oh my god."

I enter the kitchen and find my brother sitting on the chair, eating his dinner. His eyes light up as he sees me and he instantly stands up from his chair and pulls me into a tight hug. If there's one person in the world whom I can tell anything and everything about my life, it's Liam.

"Oh my god," I whisper as I wrap my arms around him. "You didn't tell me you're coming."

"If I did, it will ruin my plan to surprise you." He chuckles.

I actually sigh in relief. If Luke will be away for months, at least I have my brother for awhile. I guess once Liam leaves for his university again, I'll be fully used with Luke being away.

"How's the university?" I ask as he sits back on his chair and I sit on my own chair.

"Great," He replies. "Though I miss high school."

"How long will you stay?" Dad asks. It's very rare to have him in dinner.

Liam shrugs. "Two weeks."

Two weeks are enough, I hope.

"Hey, Care," He calls and a smile creeps on his face. "Mom was just telling me about this guy."

I raise my eyebrow. "Who?"

"Lucas, right?" He asks, smirking.

"Mom, it's Luke, not Lucas." I sigh, glancing at mom who is also smiling.

"Why am I not aware of this Lucas guy, Caroline?" Dad asks, trying so hard to stop smiling.

"I hear you all the time calling him Lucas," Mom shrugs. "And I pretty much like it better than Luke."

"Guys," I sigh. "Can we stop talking about him now?"

"Aw," Liam coos. "Mom also told me that he left for New York today."

I roll my eyes. "Guys, seriously?"

"We will talk later." Liam says and winks. Here's the brother and sister talk again.

~

"Liam, I swear, we're just friends." I groan as my brother pushes me to admit that we're dating.