Chapter 2

A week had passed and thankfully, I finally made one friend. Wow, such an achievement. I knew that some of you would probably think that it was such a slow progress, but whatever, I still made one and was happy about it. Her name is Samantha - pretty, no doubt, and she was also very nice to me. Although unlike me, she had been studying here for three years already.

"Did you see Calum earlier? Sam shrieked, her face wasn't able to contain the wide smile on her face, and might I also add that she does like Calum... a lot.

I nodded and answered, "Yes, Sam. I saw him and you know that."

"But he's so hot, isn't he?" She giggled as we leaned on our lockers. I had my arms crossed to my chest while I was trying to find the amusement on watching my friend blush about Calum. "I'm still so jealous that his band approached you last week."

May I also add that there was actually something special about them. They are in a band called 5 Seconds of Summer, which was known around the school and that was why most of the students here already knew them. That was probably also the reason why they liked to think that they were better than all of us. They also do perform in small gigs from time to time, based on what Sam had told me, so I guess it was safe to assume that they were pretty famous around Sydney, too.

"I would've given anything to exchange positions with you so you were the one who had to deal with them instead," I replied and, of course, she answered back by hitting my arm. She hated the fact that I didn't take the little encounter with the band as a big deal and that was because I still couldn't see what was so special about them, aside from being in a band, that girls would literally beg to sit with them at school. At least that was what Luke had told me.

"Just be thankful about it, Caroline," She grunted while faking a glare.

I simply chuckled and said, "Come on. It has been a week and let's just forget about it, okay?"

"Forget about what?" 

I didn't have to turn my head to the direction of where the voice came from to know who owned it because... well, that was the exact same voice I heard a week ago. Although Sam turned her head and when I did too, the tall dorks were standing in front of us, towering us with their height.

Sam literally froze in her positions, staring blankly at them and couldn't believe that they were actually right in front of her. In her three years of life in this school, she had never been this close to them. While there was me who couldn't able to stop myself from automatically rolling my eyes at the sight of them. I seriously did try my best to avoid them all week and just when I thought they finally decided to leave me alone, here they were.

"Nothing," I answered, grabbing Sam by her arm. "Let's go."

"Hi... C-Calum..." Instead of walking away with me, Sam remained glued in her position. "I'm Samantha."

"What the hell, Sam," I groaned, trying to pull her away again. "I said let's go."

Sam, ignoring me again for the second time, offered her hand to Calum which he gladly shook. Out of these four, I guess Calum was the nicest. He looked friendly and I would probably consider having him as a friend if only he didn't hang around with the other guys.

"Hi, Samantha," Calum greeted, offering her a small wink. 

"Why are you such in a hurry?" Michael asked, the guy who I kept on calling dyed-hair guy last week.

"We are running late for our next class," I replied... or more like I lied.

"English isn't starting until one o'clock," Sam disagreed, and one o'clock was still half an hour away from now.