Chapter 20

I glare at him as I hold the door open, Michael standing in front of me, ready to leave.

"I swear, if you tell that to anyone, I will kill you." I say, pointing a finger at him.

"I can't promise that." He chuckles. "Calum can get pushy sometimes."

I slap his arm and he chuckles once more, holding up his hands in defeat.

"Fine, fine." He says. "I won't tell anyone. I promise you."

I nod and we finally exchange our goodbyes. I wait for him to get on his car and drive off before I close the door. Since mom and Liam are still not around and dad is still sleeping, I guess I'm making my own dinner tonight. I know I just ate Chinese food with Michael earlier, but I'm bored. So, I guess I'll just make some food and eat.

Taking a deep breath, decided that my decision is final, I go to the kitchen and start to scan the fridge for food to cook. I am about to grab the raw chicken when my phone starts ringing. Groaning, I shut the fridge door closed and grab my phone on the kitchen island. It's from an unknown number. It takes me a few seconds to decide whether to answer it, but I guess it wouldn't hurt me if I do.

"Hello?" I answer the phone.

"Care!" The person in the other line yells that I need to take my phone inches away from my ear before bringing it back again. The voice surely sounds familiar.

"Um, who is this?" I ask, my hand on my hip.

"Seriously." And that's the tone I remember. Oh, my god. "You don't know me?"

"Luke!" I yell back, just like what he did a few seconds ago. I can feel myself smiling automatically.

"Good you remembered me, I was just about to hang up if you don't."

"I miss you." I mumble quickly, ignoring his 'normal' comment.

"Too fast." He chuckles. God, I miss his chuckles. "No 'how are you' first?"

I roll my eyes. He didn't change. He's still the same Luke who's always so full about himself and will always tease you with his comments that he thinks it's funny. He might sound arrogant in the way I describe him, but maybe that's the same reason why I like him. It's because he's... Luke.

"Don't roll your eyes on me." He says and I can tell he's smiling. "I've missed you too."

My relationship with Luke is undefined. I don't even know what do we have. I'm still not even sure if he really likes me the way I do and even though what we have is such a complicated one, it always slips my mind when I'm already talking to him. I feel like everything's alright and there are no such things as complicated relationships and although I know in my mind that once this phone call is over, I'll start wondering again what do we really have and I'll be back in being frustrated again, but I still don't care.

"Really?" I'm honestly speechless and that's the first word that crosses my mind.

"No, I'm joking. I'm actually dating a New Yorker and she's pretty hot."

"Oh really." I reply, nodding, not even trying to hide my growing smile. "Well, Michael's been a pretty good company since you left. He actually just left a few minutes before you called."

"W-what?" He stutters, obviously sounding he falls for it.

"It turns out he likes spending his nights watching movies in my room." I continue, grinning so wide. Two can play the game you're trying to pull, Luke. "Then we will end up making out. He can be a bit aggressive at some nights, but I can handle him."