Chapter 3

If Samantha isn't my friend, I'd still be asleep right now. Saturday comes too fast and I am not really looking forward into it.

Calum talked to me yesterday, not Luke, which I was a bit thankful for, since he's the rudest of them all. He told me that the party would be at 9pm and gave me his address. I was still having second thoughts last night, but Sam's text message about how thankful she was that I had agreed to go with her even though I didn't want to made my decision final.

After taking my time in the shower, I change into the dress I prepared last night. It isn't anything special. It falls just above my knees and is plain black with lace sleeves.

I'm in the middle of applying my mascara when my phone rings. Sighing, I put the make-up down and grab my phone from the edge of my bed. It's Samantha.

"Yes?" I say.

"I'm on my way to your house."

I lick my lips. "Okay. I'll see you in a bit."

Surely after ten minutes, Sam is sitting on the edge of my bed, completely ready while I'm still curling my hair. She's wearing a really short red dress and I am not really good at explaining how things look like, but long explanation short, it looks really good on her.

"Are you still not done?" She asks impatiently while she taps her heels on the floor.

I chuckle as I hold the curler in place. "Not yet."

"And hey," She says, suddenly grinning widely. "Did you know that Calum asked for my number?"

"Did he really?" I mumble as I finish curling my hair. I unplug the curling wand before I put on my pumps. I'm not really used to wearing this kind of shoes, but I can't go there wearing my vans or something. (chill about the comments at how she can wear vans ok)

Obviously, Sam is very excited to go to this party. There are only a few students invited from school and she actually feels so special about being able to go. I don't really know what have made them invite us since we barely know each other. The conversations we shared since that first day were only a few words and I still don't even consider them as my friends.

Even though coming to this party is against my will, I'm still trying to be happy just for my friend. I don't want to be such a killjoy.

After checking myself one last time in the mirror, I grab my purse and go downstairs. My parents aren't around, but they know I'm leaving tonight. As I open the door, I could already see Sam's car parked in front of my house. She begins to walk towards her car while I lock the door.

"Faster, Caroline!" She yells as she reaches her car.

Playfully rolling my eyes, I follow her and climb in the passenger's seat. The travel to Calum's house is filled with Sam telling stories about how Calum asked for her number and how he was the first one to text her. I'm actually happy for her but not oh-so-happy because we're still talking about Calum, aka a member of 5 Seconds of Summer, but if she is really going to get attached to any of them, I choose that to be Calum.

"You think this is the house?"

I turn my head to my right and I swear to god, my jaw drops. Do you even call this a house? My house could fit perfectly five times in this house. House isn't even the right description for this because it's more like a mansion to me. I'd personally never seen a house this big in my entire life.

"Hey," Sam snaps me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay?"

I nod. "His house is just very big and all."

She chuckles. "Did I forget to tell you how rich they are?"

~

Sam was not joking when she told me these four boys are rich as hell. Calum owns this sports car, which is parked in their huge garage. I didn't see it, but she told me about it. He has had his car for a few months now, but it's still a hot topic because of how nice and expensive it is.